Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to add a custom transaction code ( Z t-code) to a role. This custom t-code accesses 5 tables belonging to a package. ( found this from SE93 ). I have assigned these 5 tables to an auth group ( ZREF ) in SE54. I assigned this authorization group in the object S_TABU_DIS but it throws an authorization error. In Su53, it asks for the authorization group ' &NC& ' . This authorization group has a lot of other tables which we dont want the user to access.

Note : There is another custom T-code which belongs to the same package class and is also assigned to the same role ( with Auth grp ZREF ). This t-code does'nt have any problem. One of my colleague suggested that I need to give authorization to the view associated with the package. Any ways that you can suggest me to resolve this. Thanks very much in advance..!!

Regards,

Ajay Revelino

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found out that there is another custom table which this transaction accesses from the production system. I added that table to the authorization group that I created earlier and assigned it to S_TABU_DIS and it worked !!