Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all sap ps guies

I have a question on setelement

In customer project is it necessary to do result analysis before settlement?

If i dont want to do result analysis , is it possible to settle to settle project to any reciver?

Can i skip settlement ?

IF i dont do settlement then what will happen?

regards

shashank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you need to RA when you want to calculate WIP, Reserves for Unrealized costs, Revenue in Excess of Billing, etc.

Otherwise you can settle the cost without Running RA to another Receiver.

If you dont settle the cost, the cost will remain be in the Project (i.e WBS Element).

I hope this clarifies your doubt.

regards

Ramesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

normally settlement is, u have to settle a cost from ONE COST OBJECT to ANOTHER COST COST OBJECT

here cost object means

cost centers

internal orders

wbs element

business process, etc., these are cost object.

settlement in two ways

1) Internal settlement : settlement with in co

2) External settlement: settlement to co to asset a/c, material etc.,

if u need settlement info let me know

regards

prasanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning

I need help from u

I m doing customer project. My top WBS element is account assignment and billing element.

This wbs is assigned to scales order .I m getting cost and revenues on this wbs element.

Now i want to settle this wbs element. One way is to settle to co-pa, as this wbs is carring both cost and revenues.

But co team decided not to implement co-pa.

so where can i settle this wbs element? and how?

can i settle to cost center? scales order?

system is not allowing me to settle this wbs element to cost center as this contains revenues from scales order and i want to settle this wbs as it also contains cost

need ur reply

thanks

shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Carrying out result analysis depends upon business requirement. As mentioned in the earlier post as well, if business needs to calculate WIP/Reserves/COS and wish to control revenue/cost in line with the same can go for RA.

Settlement can be carried out without RA. If the project is not setteled to the external cost object then cost will remain on project and you will not be able to close project .

Regards