Did you mean: 

role assignment failed on sld data supplier

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am doing Post-Installation XI.

i am struggling on the following step;

but does not work.

1. error message during click "triger data transfer to sld"

failed to send data to bridge: sld_3039 check if the specified SLD target bridge is available.

2. error message during click "assign application role to user group"

role assignment failed

I've done generating role of SAP_XI,etc successfuly, and

on SLDCHECK, no have SAPSLDAPI, LCRSAPRFC in SM59.

so maybe i have wrong setting, please guid me. my xi is running on SP10(BASIS,ABA)

Assign Application Roles to User Groups

1. Start the J2EE Engine Visual Administrator.

2. Choose Cluster ¨ Server ¨ Services ¨ SLD Data Supplier

3. On the Runtime tab in the right frame, push the button "Assign Application Roles to

Message was edited by: Tony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone received an answer to this problem? We installed our central SLD without knowing that we would install XI later so we did not pick the right UME configuration during install.

Now we want to install XI and use our existing SLD server but we get the same error "SLD data supplier role assignment failed" when we click "assign application role to user group"

We really don't want to reinstall either because we have patched everything and are now up to SP16.

Any help here will be appreciated.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During ur installation procedure, in step <b>Java add-in for ABAP</b> what did u choose in UME config..

either ABAP users only or USERS group.

I think when u had chosen ABAP users only ,there is a chance of getting this error.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are correct. I have choosen ABAP users only option. Is there any way to correct this now?

Thanks

Sireesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also faced the same issue. But,How to correct that one is still not known to me.sorry i couldnot help..I think some experts should give their idea in this regard.

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

in my case, i installed WAS JAVA again.

and then i solved it.

don't forget point, he he

thanks you

DAVID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean J2EE Addin needs to be re-installed? If so do I need to re-install the XI and Adapter engine again?

Please advise.

Thanks

Sireesha

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, just install WAS JAVA Addin again. not XI componenet.

regards

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also did the same thing installed Java add-in again.

But is there any other way of doing it without reinstalling?

Regards,

Sudharshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just posted a question on the same issue. Is there a way to do this without reinstalling the entire system?

We have patched XI ABAP, J2EE, and XI content to SP16 and we really do not want to reinstall everything.

Does anyone know how we can do this without reinstalling?

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Run the transaction pfcg and click mass comparision from

menu and give sap_xi* in the field. Restart J2EE server and then click "triger data transfer to sld" from visual admin. This is an important step in post installation.

make sure you have done it! Also, make sure you have executed stms transaction to create a transport profile!

regards,

Felix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also facing the problem of "role assignment failed" when I clicked on ""Assign Application Roles to User Groups" in Cluster ¨ Server ¨ Services ¨ SLD Data Supplier of Visual Administrator.

I am installing XI 3.0 SR1 on Windows 2000 Server SP4.

I am following the installation guide SR1. I tried creating the transport profile also which I did not do initially.

What could have gone wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sireesha