cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The main window problem in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have two draft pages with the same mainwindow now and I want to print the 2nd page after the 1st page's

main window is complete. There is a table in the mainwindow. I want to implement it by dynamically calling the second page after the table in the mainwindow of the 1st page. But when I test the implementation, something strange happened: The second page is called, but the main window could

not display, while other secondary windows displays correctly. I guess may be there is something special about main window that I don't know, pls give me some advices. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My problem is resolved. The cause is that I don't understand the concept of main window. At first, I have drawed main window 1 and main window 2 and hope that when I call page 2 dynamically, main window 2

will be printed. But the truth is, there is one and only one main window in a smartform, and if a page is called dynamically, the main window will be continually printed from after the calling point on the page called. Thank you all the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

Thank you for your reply.

My implementation is just like what Veeresh said and before calling the second page I give some data

to the table of the main window using program lines for the second page. I am so confused that why the

main window can not be printed. Is it possible that there is any restrictions in the relationship between

the main window for the first page and the main window for the second page? The process of My smartform seems like first the main window of the first page is complete, then I fill the data content of the

main window of the second page, and then I dynamically call the second page. I mean is this a regular

situation which is supported by the smartform technology? Or I have designed the smartform in a wrong

way? Need your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chloe Lee

The concept of main window is to run through pages when there are more entries ( example line items). There will be only on window in a form or copied main window. In your case probably there are no items in the table to be printed in second page thats why the main window in the second page is not printed. So try givne more lines into the table and the get back if problem is there.

Venkat.

former_member673464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

In the first page you have page attributes tab give the next page as 'First page' .And in the footer of the table in main window give a command go to new page give the 'second page'. i think this will satisfy your requirement.

Regards,

Veeresh