cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download objects in request (smaller file)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´ve tried a couple of times to download the transport requests in files, because there´s no RFC-connection from the german system to the english system. When I get the file, it contains less bytes than the stated amount in column Length.

Example: 60,655 bytes and resulting file is only 47,729 Bytes

When my System Administrator sends me the files, he gets 60,655 Bytes so I´d like to know what I´m missing.

I make double click on the file, SAP delivers unreadable characters and then List --> Save/Send -->File and option Unconverted.

Thanks for your comments.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to download the transport requests the best way to do it is copying the cofile and the datafile from the source system to the traget system.

I have never done it the way described above.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yeah, but for this we need previously to download the file. Isn´t it ??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope... once you release the transport data and cofile are created on /usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/tras/cofile... the you copy both files to the same location on the target system and import via STMS ->Extras -> Add.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, but this copy is something I´ve not understood. There´s no button or option for copying; therefore, I have to download files in source system and upload it in target system. This is precisely the problem with the size of the file, which I mentioned in a beggining.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The method you are mentioning would not help you in uploading transport in the target system, this would just download the text. Don't go for it.

Follow the method Juan explained. Copy cofiles and datafiles from source system to target system at OS level and then upload it into the target SAP system with transaction STMS.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, but there´s no RFC connection from one system to another. That´s why the system administrators down- and upload files for that.

I just wanna know what these guys do. I get a smaller file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't see any download option for change requests with data.

Copying Cofile and Datafile at OS level, won't require any RFC, you have to do it manually.

After files copied in the target server, goto STMS in the target sap system and goto Extras ---> Other requests -

> Add and enter the request number.

Now if this method is not there, your admins might be importing requests at OS level, using tp command.

tp import <reques number> <SID> client<client no.> pf =<tp profile path and file name>

Ask them.

Rahul