cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informix ODBC driver error while creating a view in Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I nedd to ceate a view in a universe (Business Objects XI R2) that is connected to an Informix database. I use the 3.34 ODBC Informix driver.

When I write the select statement (select column from table) and check the syntax I have the following error:

"Exception: DBD, [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error has occurred.State: 42000"

Is there anybody who has solved this problem??

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me hints on how to solve problem.

Fabrizio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabrizio,

The error state 42000 indicates that there is a syntax error or access violation. If you are using an Informix native client connection then add the following parameter <Parameter Name>"Force SQLExecute">Always</Parameter> in the informix.sbo file. Restart Designer and then try to create a derived table with a simple select statement.

If you are using an ODBC connection, then add the above mentioned parameter in the Generic section of odbc.sbo file.

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the syntax is incorrect.

It should be <Parameter Name="Force SQLExecute">Always</Parameter>

But even with this change I still get an error in designer. It is error code -201 state:37000

I am using informix version 9.4 I have read other posts where that said that may be an issue

I am able to use the same connection via access with no errors.

anupkumar_rai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please try to execute the same query in a tool like winsql. This will help in finding out if the query syntax is proper .

Answers (0)