cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cheque printing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have a form for checkprinting which happens in 4different locations...

its workign good in one location and in the rest other locations its not printing good. the data is getting printed in the place above its corresponding place.

i would like to know if its the printer problem or should there be any change in the layout to be done?

solutions required immd.

points will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see the below points:

1) all 4 printers need to same ( company, printer drivers installed)

2) Printer setting needs to be same ( paper is picking from tray1, tray 2 .....)

Please check your printer and it setting at printer location.

These type of problems will occur only with Printers.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Your yesterday's problem is not solved yet?

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nayan

i told him y'day he said fine donno wat happ morning he came and asked me to change the layout n check.

so i kept a thread again. i donno y he is stressing on changing the alignment rather than maintaining the same printer....

let me know...

Former Member
0 Kudos

You tell him that he has to maintain the same settings on all the printers. You check it urself. Then take a sample printout with the final settings. Once he finalises his printer settings, then you c what changes you require in the allignment. Let him knwo once again that he needs to keep the printer settings the same in all the locations.

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i just had a discussion on this just now. what they are telling is they tried to convince them to tell the same reason.

but they are not ready to change the printer and they want the changes from IT side only.

so now i need to change the alignment. can u guide me how i shud approach now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You dont have to change the printer man..its just that you have to configure your printer to this settings. So whenever they wanna take a print (irrespective of the location), they can keep the printer settings to cheque and take prints. I am sorry to say that if you start alligning accrding to diff printers in diff region you would just be doing this for the rest of ur life. Beleive me when i say this. I have done it yaar for my clients also. Its simple..if you start allignment and if Noida is fine, Pune will have aproblem. When you go to rectify that, Noida will go for a toss. I say this once again..Do not change the printer. There are settings for page format and all. Set them to one default value for all your locations when you take cheques printout.

Nayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat Sunil,

The PRINTERS should be one and same in all 4 locations. Otherwise the format will differs while printing the cheques. Ask the other 3 mis alignment users to use the same printer of FIRST location. The printer configuration must be same.

The above point will valid when all locations are using SAME type of cheques.

thanks & regards

Kishore Kumar Maram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

thanks for the message.

well all the locations are having same bank cheques.