cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC function module without RETURN parameter thows error in XI. Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a File to RFC scenario in XI. The RFC function module that I am using at the receiving end does not have "RETURN" parameter. So when I test my scenario I get "RETURN" parameter not found error on SXMB_MONI.

So is it mandatory that RFC function module must have RETURN parameter when used in XI?

Is there any work around to avoid the error without changing the RFC function module?

Please help!

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it is not mandatory. The error depends upon the QOS requested by sender. Do u have QOS EO at sender file channel?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my senario the QOS is best effort because it is a Sync.

But the function module is sync in nature as it is returning a parameter called SO_Docs and Ret_Msg. The Ret_Msg contains the error info but it not of BAPIRET2 type.

So is there any way to avoid this error when my QOS is best effort?

Please help!

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

do u mean the RFC has a return paramter but not returning any message back to XI

or

not returning the message in the structure that u have used in the response mapping but in another structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean is that,

My function module is returning a parameter which has different structure than BAPIRET1. My function module does not have any parameter named "RETURN" of type BAPIRET1.

It returns two parameters namely "SO_DOCS" and "RET_MSG".

Edited by: GOPAL BALIGA on Jun 13, 2008 11:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, because return parameters will handle error messages.

Thanks

Vikranth