Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created two roles

zhead1 and zhead2

Now at organization level we have

Plant and sales office and both have similar code.

My pt is I want to giv all access to zhead1 but want to restrict zhead2 to plant itself.

Now when I goto organization level I can see plant codes but cant see sales office code.

any idea why sales office code is not visible at oranization level while creating roles ?

Many Thankx in advance

Mani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The likely reason for this is that you have not included a transaction in the role which has been configured in SU24 to pull through an auth object containing Sales office.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume that 'sales office' has not yet been declared an organizational level.

you can do this by running report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE.

note: [323817|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1ubCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=323817|323817]

Former Member
0 Kudos

The likely reason for this is that you have not included a transaction in the role which has been configured in SU24 to pull through an auth object containing Sales office.

0 Kudos

well, some how now the sales office field is also coming.

Now the problem is when i restricted 2nd user to just one sales office but still he can select others too.(va11)

sales office cdes are lik - 1100,2001,3001.....................

I have given access to just 2001 under organization level but still tht user can select all others.

why its so ????

Regards & Thanks

Mani

0 Kudos

depends on when the autorisation check is programmed. please try to save a record with the "wrong" sales office, probably you will not be able to. So this check is programmed on save!

Edited by: Auke Visser on Jun 13, 2008 11:32 AM

0 Kudos

Thts saving at the end also.

Anything else I can chk ???

0 Kudos

Can nyone help on this topic plz ???

0 Kudos

Well I got fixed.

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I got it fixed.