cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send IDOC from ECC to XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to send a purchase order from ECC to XI.

I have been reffering to some documents on SDN which explains how to do this, but the SLD part of this is not very clear to me.

Following is the current status of my SLD.

I have two technical systems defined, one for ECC and other for XI. Also, business sytem for both are defined.

ECC (product) is installed on the technical system with

number of software components. But in case of XI no product is installed on its technical system, but there are again

number of software components installed on it.

Now to transfer the purchase order what should be the things that I need to do in SLD?

please help me with this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to import both the business systems from SLD to IR and while creating the namespace u have to select the option Import of RFC and IDOC interfaces from SAP.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Now to transfer the purchase order what should be the things that I need to do in SLD?

These things what ever u have right now is enpugh to push the Idocs from R/3 to XI

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seshagiri,

But then which SWCs should I import into IR?

Regards,

Gaurav

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U must have a new Product and SWC in SLD (use ur naming convention). Then refer the ECC techical and business system there. This custim created SWC should be imported in IR

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Do I need to refer to only ECC system through custom SWC ?

This will be my sender system right?

What do I need to do for Receiving system?

Regards

Gaurav

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In both the cases where ECC act as sender / receiver, u ll have to import the idoc in the similar wa and no additional setting is required

Regards,

Prateek

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

check this libk for sending IDOC

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2007/01/22/ale-configuration-for-pushing-idocs-from-sap-to-xi

Can u explain what scenario you are doing...

IDOC-> XI -> ..........

Because you need to create techincal system and business system for receiver System not for XI.

check this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized&

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I am trying the following scenario

IDOC-> XI -> ICH

But this is what I will do later.

Currently just for simple test I want to transfer an IDOC (PO) from R/3 to XI. For which I have been reffering this:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/73527b2c-0501-0010-5398-c4ac372c...

I have already reffered to the link you have pointed to; but, the problem is that I am not able to get the SLD part.

I have mentioned the current state of SLD in my original post.

Can you please help me with that?

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

SLD PART

In SLD: Create Product and Software Components with/without dependencies, Technical System and Business System for each (Sender and Receiver)

Tip: If we donu2019t have sufficient information to create a Business System in SLD for Sender or Receiver then we can use Business Service in ID .

In SLD (System Landscape Directory)

One Business system as 3rd party option should be available with corresponding Technical System, Product, Software components for Receiver System

System Requirements:

u2022 One Business System in SLD (System Landscape directory) is required which should be created using Third Party Option

u2022 Access to Transactions SM59, WE21, BD54, WE20, WE19, WE02, WE05, and SM58 is required for Sender R/3 System. And SM59, IDX1, IDX2 for XI System.

Tip: If you donu2019t have access right to any of this transaction, you can contact your basis /XI administrator so that he can help you to create / configure objects for you including SLD.

u2022 Developer Access to Recipient XI System is required to create this scenario

In R/3 Sender System (For posting IDoc to XI u2013 Outbound IDoc)

􀀹 Identify Message type and Basic type to be used for posting the IDoc

􀀹 Create RFC Destination (SM59) to Receiver XI system

􀀹 Create PORT for IDoc processing (WE21) and assign the RFC Destination created above to this PORT

􀀹 Create Logical System (LS) for the IDoc (BD54) to be sent to the XI receiver system

􀀹 Create Partner Profile with outbound parameter (WE20) to be send to the XI receiver

regards

chandra

Edited by: chandra kanth. k on Jun 13, 2008 8:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer

IDOc testing - /people/suraj.sr/blog/2005/12/29/generate-test-case-for-an-idoc-scenario

idoc settings /people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

This document can help you. Check it ,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cdded790-0201-0010-6db8-beb...

R3 side:1. create RFC destination for XI in SM59

2. Create port for XI in we21

3. create partner profile in we20

In XI, apart from the SLD configuration , nothing needs to be done as it is in the SLD that you define the technical system that is going to be associated with the r3 system and so on.

Thanks

swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jun 13, 2008 7:47 AM