cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External processing activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have assigned an external processing activity. when i assign a info record with a material, plant and vendor, I get a error message saying enter info record without material.

And when i enter an info record with a material group as services i get am error saying purchase requisitions cannot be generated " Procurement w/o material from vendor with plant not defined ". "Purchase requisition cannot be generated" .

When i run the report GR55 the costs are beings calculated.

But since the PR is not being generated i cannot have any commitment and any actuals on this activity.

Can any one please suggest the way forward.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my knowledge PR is only a internal document in this

system cannot generate a PR spefically for a vendor.

I think in PO only vendor and info record will

come into picture.

Info record is only for price valuation that will

not update PR.

For service activity maintain control key PS04.

when you creating the service activity with control key PS04

system displayes service entry sheet ML81N and raises a

PR against the service.

hope this will helpfull,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong PS05 is the control key and PS04.

Even if i give PS05, PR is not being generated.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case it seems you are using the external activity and trying to assigne the info record for the service activity.

Service activity is a completley different scenario.

Please talk to your MM consultant and rectify or create a new info record for the external activity.

Hope thats useful.

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue while converting the Purchase Requisition genererated for the externally processed activity and service activity.

I have created an externally processed activity and an service activity. As soon as i release the activity a pruchase requisition has been generated.

Now when i try to convert the PR to PO, i get an error where in the system is asking to enter order no. as account assignment is F Order. But the issue is the feild where i need to enter the order no is greyed out.

If i check the Purchase requisition i have a different account assignment as Q Proj make to order.

As i understant the account assignment can be either cost centre or a project.

Can any one explain why Q is being picked and why is it being replaced by order account assignment.

And even in order as account assignment i cannot enter the order, due to which i am unable to create a PO.

Please look into the above. Hope I am clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check settings in OPTT.

Acc assgn general: F

Acc assgn project: Q

Regards

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the control key you had used.

Elobrate the issue little more .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Control Key is PS02...

The issue is nothing but assigning an external processing activity to the WBS element, plan costs, then commitments and then actuals.

As i have mentioned earlier, i have assigned an serice info record as it is not allowing me to assign an info record with any materials.

However let say we are planning an external service. For the same i need to raise a Purchase requisistion to the vendor mentioned in the info record.

But we are encountering an error while saving the project. The errors which i have mentioned earlier.

Now are there any settings where i can also allow info records with material.

Also why no PR is being generated with the service info record, as it has all the information regarding the purchasing.

Hope i am clear.

regards