cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Alerts in ALRTCATDEF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im trying to create Alerts for the interface of the scenario IDOC to JDBC.

I have created it by using the tcode ALRTCATDEF.

Can you please tell me what is the Container and what is the Element we have to give here and Object type, ABAP DIC reference,ABAP DIC datatype in that.

On what basis i need to give these values here?

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member202642
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

For Step by Step alert configuration, refer below doc:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e97ba2-85ce-2b10-20bc-bc05cd172...

Regards,

Aamir

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

By closing multiple threads at the sametime and by closing each of these with a Thank You, the forum ends up with all your historical threads within minutes of each other thereby pushin newer and relevant questions to the back ground.

It would be appreciated that rather than closing all threads in 1 day, you close them when the solution was actually hit. Just because the quota of 10 is reached, people seem to be wanting to close the current threads and moving on to creating their next one's which doesn't seem to be in the right spirit of this forum~

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the explanation and the blogs which helped me doing the Alerts.

Regards,

Divya

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Container

The alert container is a container for the exchange of (application-specific) variables, such as company code or material number, between the local systems (alert providers) and the central alert server. It is therefore the interface between the application that triggers the alert and the central Alert Framework

Element

When you use application-specific variables in your container definition, you supply the values for these variables by writing them into the container as name-value pairs. These are then interpreted by the Alert Framework on the central system. The runtime container is implemented as an internal table of the structure SWCONT with only the columns Element Name and Value being relevant.

When the container is filled, no check is performed as to whether the elements entered and the data type of their values are in accordance with the container definition. You must ensure that the element names and the data types that you use are in accordance with the definition.

For Furhther Reference you can use the link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60c24b82-6da9-2a10-5a93-f1f729d8...

Reward points if helpful

Thanks

Sunil Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we create an alert mail only with the short message if any error occurs in RWB.

I mean without giving container or element, and only a short text that error has occured.

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Yeah surely you can do that. Only that your runtime variables will not be accessed. It depends on your requirment.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjeev,

Can you tell me what do you mean by runtime variables...

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divya,

By Runtime Variables i meant variables such as Sender System, Interface, Namespace, Message Id etc. Did you check the link that i had provided? It has the list of container variables that can be used for defining alerts.

Also you can check the Michals blog on alert configuration.It shows the use of them:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The alert container is a container for the exchange of (application-specific) variables, such as company code or material number, between the local systems (alert providers) and the central alert server. It is therefore the interface between the application that triggers the alert and the central Alert Framework.

When you use application-specific variables in your container definition, you supply the values for these variables by writing them into the container as name-value pairs. These are then interpreted by the Alert Framework on the central system. The runtime container is implemented as an internal table of the structure SWCONT with only the columns Element Name and Value being relevant.

When the container is filled, no check is performed as to whether the elements entered and the data type of their values are in accordance with the container definition. You must ensure that the element names and the data types that you use are in accordance with the definition.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/53/02153cdcf89e56e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Thanks

Swarup

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

Container uses the runtime variables which are stored. Using these variables you can access runtime variables like sender system, interface etc. These variables will be show at the runtime in the alert generated. You can use them based upon your requirment, what all you want to show in the exception raised.

Use the following link to find out the variables available:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/942f3ffed33d67e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Sanjeev.