cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validations in srm for the account assignment category

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is the requirement.

After selecting the account assignment category i want to make some fields as mandatory like GL account. how can i do that.

thanks

kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

Generally in SRM we will maintain GL account and Product category comibination. During shopping cart creation we will select product category, that will automatically populate the GL account number in cost assignment GL account field.

Thanks & Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

So can I assume that you don't want users to be able to amend the GL account that has been defaulted in from the product category ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krish,

when i select the product category it has to automatically populate the GL account field and account assignment category. if there is one to one match found for the product category to GL account then system shall default that GL account, if the mapping is many to one then system shall default Gl acount with sequece number '01' and show the allowed u2018GL Accountsu2019 that are mapped to this product Category when performing the search.

how can i do this.

thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

First of all let me tell you that I don't know the answer of this query. But I too had same problem in one of my previous project.

Frankly speaking, If we think over this issue from FiCo (specifically controlling) point of view- allowing users to choose G/L account would not enforce any hard control over G/L account selection which could cause terrible issues in reporting within Controlling. In order to exercise hard controls to ensure accurate reporting, I guess this selection of G/L account by user should be refrained.

Functionally, best possible solution would be to devide that particular product category into sub-categories (new prd categories) which would then have 1-1 relation with G/L accounts. Probably you can have a word with your Finance guy and let him know the consequences.

Please let me know your views.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keith

Users can able to amend the GL account field, if they know the correct GL account number. Normally in day to day activities nobody will try to amend this field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore

We can maintain eithe 1 to 1 or many to 1 relation product category & GL account combination. But practially thee is no requirement for ONE TO MANY combination.

If you go for Many to One comibination G/L account field will be defaulted.

I think I have provided you the required information.

Please dont forget rewarding the points if it is usefull to yo.

Thanks & Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also maintain the GL account for each product category within the IMG...

This can be found at this path..

SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Account Assignment -> Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category

Keith

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about implementing the BBP_SCREENVARIANT BADI or BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Regards,

Masa