Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFS Lote Size

juan_bauelos
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for more information about AFS-Lote size procedures.

I have checked the help SAP info, but all I could get was a table.

Who can explain me or direct me to understand how Lote size works in AFS?

I'll really appreciate your help.

Best Regards.

juan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

juan_bauelos
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Raj.

Thanks for response.

So I'm confused, due to I need to apply Max-Min procedure for AFS materials.

How could I get that?

Could you give me an example?

thanks.

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In MRP1 view you can maintain minimum and max lot size(if at material level)

If at SKU level in AFS MRP view, in SKU tab maintain Min qty.

Regards,

Rajaram.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You are working on which project? Appreciate if you send me Business process if possible for my practice.(as is doc)

Regards

Rajaram.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This may help you.

An Overview of Lot Sizes

Use

The maintenance of the lot-sizing procedures in AFS is based on the procedure you already know from the SAP standard as well as on procedures developed especially for AFS. You can use periodic and statistical lot-sizing procedures in AFS. Combined with other functions of the AFS MRP, lot-sizing procedures can have different effects (see Lot Sizes in MRP).

Features

In AFS the lot sizes are calculated using default quantities from the respective material master record or by combining requirement quantities of one or several periods to one lot size. This is valid for both the SAP lot-sizing procedures you use in AFS as well as for the lot-sizing procedures that are especially developed for AFS. You can maintain lot sizes both at material level and at SKU level. Note that this can lead to inconsistencies.

The following lot-sizing procedures are supported by AFS.

Lot Size ID Description

EX Exact lot-size calculation

FX Fixed lot-size calculation

X1 Requirements distribution ratio - monthly

X2 Requirements distribution ratio - weekly

X3 Requirements distribution ratio - daily

X4 SKU group procedure 1 - monthly

X5 SKU group procedure 1 - weekly

X6 SKU group procedure 1 - daily

XA SKU group procedure 2 - monthly

XB SKU group procedure 2 - weekly

XC SKU group procedure 2 - daily

MB Monthly lot size

PK Period lot size by planning calendar

TB Daily lot size

WB Weekly lot size

The procedures X1 to XC are the procedures that are especially developed for AFS (see Requirements Distribution Ratio, SKU Group Procedure 1, and SKU Group Procedure 2).

AFS Restrictions

AFS does not support any dynamic lot-sizing procedures.

Requirements Distribution Ratio

Use

You use the lot-sizing procedure after determining a requirements distribution ratio if you want each generated procurement proposal to contain all the grid value characteristics of one or more requirements within a period.

Features

After the determination of a requirements distribution ratio you use the lot-sizing procedure to calculate the percentage ratio between the total requirements quantity of one or more requirements, such as sales orders, and the requirements quantity per grid value within a period. Based on this ratio, the system creates procurement proposals during the MRP. In this case the requirements quantity per procurement proposal depends on the maximum lot size.

You receive two sales orders with a total requirement of 800 polo shirts.

The quantity is distributed across three sizes S, M and L in the color black. You calculate the ratio between the total requirement of all grid values and the total requirements of the individual grid values of both sales orders.

The maximum lot size for a procurement proposal is 100 pieces. In this case this is valid for a planned order. The total requirements quantity of 800 pieces shows you that you require 8 procurement proposals, each with a maximum lot size of 100 pieces.

Based on the determined requirements distribution ratio, the system calculates the required quantity per grid value and creates the planned orders.

Customer Requirements and Total Requirement

Grid Value Requirement for Sales Order 1 Requirement for Sales Order 2 Total Requirement per Grid Value Percentage of Total Requirement

S BLK 50 100 150 18,75 %

M BLK 100 150 250 31,25 %

L BLK 200 200 400 50,00 %

Total Requirement: 800

Procurement: A total of 8 planned orders (dependent on rounding!)

Grid Value Percentage

S BLK 19

M BLK 31

L BLK 50

Each planned order contains only one category.

The lot-sizing procedure does not consider SKU groups. Special lot-sizing procedures were developed for this (see SKU Group Procedure 1 and SKU Group Procedure 2).

Regards,

Raj.k