Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Master Data setup

hkmaradana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one provide the list of Master data setup steps for DP SNP and PPDS. More I wanted to know the complete life cycle of APO in brief like in R3-> create Inquiry->Quotation->sales order->delivery->invoice.

Similar steps i like to know in APO, For example in which instance STO will create and what are the prerequiste to create STO.

Hope you all understand my Q....:-)

Thanks

Cris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Cris -

For master data set up in APO there are couple of questions i want to ask you

1) are you using CIF to transfer data from ECC to APO?

2) or are you trying to indiviually set up master data in APO?

If transferring data from ECC you need to create integration models for all materials, plants, dcs, vendors, sales order, inventory, purchasing, ATP, PPMs/PDS (BOM and Routing), workcenters, customer and so on. Better to create separate IM's for each type of master data. the steps are described in help.sap.com

If you are trying to create master data in APO then you need to see what all information is necessary for you to make the planning engines that you are going to use in SNP and PP/DS.

Hope i did try to answer some part of your question.

Suresh Garg

hkmaradana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.I know that we should use CIF for transferring the Master data.

My Q is that what are the life cycles are existed in DP PPDS SNP and their dependencies, relationships.

In R3 side i know SD MM PP FI Master data and prerequistes and their life cycles. Similarly i like to know in SCM.

I hope you understand my Q well now......

Thanks

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris

Once u transfer the Master data from R3, you need to maintain the APO relevant data in APO itself. APO relevant data is depending on the requirement. For example, if you are using PPDS, then u need to maintain the following

Product Master-

PPDS tab need to be maintained for fields like PP Planing procedure, Production horizon, Pln explosion, Product heuristic and etc

Resource Master- need to maintain in APO incase if your requirement is for setup matrix / Block planning/Production campaign

Once this is done, pls maintain the following

Strategy Profile

Propagation Range

time Profile

DS planning board Profile

then U can execute Planning run using suitable MRP heuristic

After MRP heuristic, u can execute scheduling heuristic either in Planning run or in DS Board or PPT to schedule and load the resources finitely

Hoope U R clear now for PPDS

regards

Vijay

hkmaradana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thanks for your helpful answer, still i am looking for more details at enduser level.

I wanted to know day to day activities from production, I appreciate if you can provide list of transactions in sequence to fulfil one complete life cycle.

Also I am more happy to know SNP PDS and PPDS PDS concept.

Thanks

Have a wonderful day!

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cris,

Your question is tooooo big to answer in this forum mode. APO is a decision support kind of a tool primarily intended for planning of demand, supply, finite capacity planning, aggregate and detailed level planning, cross plant planning using various algorithms and optimizers, transportation planning, vehicle schdeuling etc. Refer the wiki section for the basics. Theres not much of a concept of cycles but the only thing thats true is APO ia a part of larger SCM solution map by SAP and SCM includes scenarios and components across ECC, BW, SD, MM, PP, APO (DP, SNP, PPDS), ATP, TPVS. etc. Each can be used independently of the other and theres not much of "preceeding steps" kind of a thing and so is the case in ECC For standard end user kind of cycles, you can refer the help.sap.com > best practices also.

For your question to be of some conclusive use

- All transactions in SCM are disjunct with FI module in ECC. i.e SCM transactions have no effect and bearing on the financial books of accounts of the company unlike MM, PP and SD etc/

- Results and recommendations of APO need not be adopted blindly as is.

- APO modules can be used in conjunction with ECC modules for some extended functionality. e.d. SD+ DP, PPPPDS, MRPSNP, SDGATP, SDTPVS, SDGATPTPVS.

-Some things can be done is ECC and APO both alike.

-Just again,, just because something is available it need not be used. so good if you get rid of the "cycle" concept. The actual end use depends on what is required by the business..

Hope this helps first begin with wiki if yuo are really keen to know and appreciate things even at a macro level.

Regards,

Loknath