cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated ITS and dealing with timeouts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone. Hopefully this is a simple question.

I have some ITS apps running, and once a session times out I want to kick them back to the logon page.

Example, we have service /zpv/zrf that's an ITS application for mobile devices. Everything works well, but once it goes idle for lone enough it times out (as it should). The problem is that I now get the generic 400 Session Timed Out page.

Problems:

1) I want a custom page.

2) If I go back to the 'home page' which is /zpv/zrf it just kicks me back into the 400 Session Timed Out page. How can I get around this so it'll start a 'fresh' session?

Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you resolved this problem ?

Because we have the same issue and i wonder that i can noch find any timeout parameter in RZ11 with param name itsp/* ?

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christer,

>

> 1) I want a custom page.

>

> 2) If I go back to the 'home page' which is /zpv/zrf it just kicks me back into the 400 Session Timed Out page. How can I get around this so it'll start a 'fresh' session?

ad 1): You need to define an "error" page in SICF for your service. Either you define your own page in HTML as "Expicit response page body" or you define a redirect URL.

ad 2) What exactly do you mean by "home page"? Did you store the page as "home page" after you started the service? In that case the IE also stores additional data as cookies and session information invisibly. You should manually add a favorite or a home page by not referring to the current page if it might contain application and session data.

With best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

In the Error Pages->Logon Errors I am using the System Logon (for ITSmobile) so the error redirects do not appear to be available. I do have a redirect in Appl. Errors but it does not seem to do much. The documentation for the error pages does not list a 400 error, so I am not sure it would do much anyway...

Now, as for the home page.. it's a mobile device and I just set the home page to <servername>/zpv/zrf which is the URL of the service I want to access. When it times out I get the 400 Session Timed Out page, but if I try to return to the homepage /zpv/zrf I just keep getting the 400 error. I looked and there are some cookies stored on the browser; if I delete them I can log back in again just fine. Is there something I can do to force those cookies to get flushed or some other way to 'initialize' the logon screen? Basically I want a timeout to just log them out and when they try to access the service again ask them for logon info.

thorsten_domsalla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Christer,

>

> In the Error Pages->Logon Errors I am using the System Logon (for ITSmobile) so the error redirects [...]

I though more of defining a redirect URL for application errors and logoff pages.That way you automatically get redirected back to the service.

> I do have a redirect in Appl. Errors but it does not seem to do much.

Hm, since a timeout is not necessarily an application error it might be a logoff page. I am not sure about it but it is worth a try, isn't it?

> I looked and there are some cookies stored on the browser; if I delete them I can log back in again just fine.

I guessed it.

> Is there something I can do to force those cookies to get flushed or some other way to 'initialize' the [...]

I wonder why the session cookies are kept living after the timeout occurs. I recommend to open an OSS message. This does not look like an ITS issue since sessions are managed by the ICF. Though it seems to be a good idea to let the SAP developers know about it.

In the meantime you could define an error page body with some Javascript code that deletes the cookie automatically.

With best regards,

TJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thorsten,

Thanks for the reply. The logoff page redirect appears not to have any effect either. I did go ahead and open a note to OSS about the timeout and cookies not getting flushed.

It's been a weird week for ITS already... the past few days something really strange started happening. I'd load the main page of the app and get Javascript errors on every button push. Finally figured out what was happening, but not sure why. In the HTTP Server log I'd see it fetch the application page, then the two includes. But the bytes transferred for the two includes were exactly the same as that for the application page. I'd see something along the lines of

/zpv/zrf 200 2911

/sap/its/..../mobile.js 200 2911

/sap/its..../mobile.css 200 2911

(The stylesheet would also fail to load.)

However, once I access the URL of the mobile.js and mobile.css once EXPLICITLY from a browser, I get this in the log:

/zpv/zrf 200 2911

/sap/its/..../mobile.js 200 4801

/sap/its..../mobile.css 200 5201

And everything works for everyone again. There's definitely something going on with the caching... a few hours later it's doing it again, and again loading the mobile.js and mobile.css URLs explicitly in a browser makes everything work again. It isn't machine specific since I can have the error occur on a mobile device, load those two URLs in IE on a desktop PC, and then everything's fine on the mobile device again.

As I said, weird week...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bringing this back to life as I would also like to know how to redirect. I'm able to redirect the maintenance page to some custom pages I created for the "Web Dispatcher" but can't seem to catch the session error 400 with it.

henning_abel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you somehow resolve this issue?

Thanks and best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

Please go to SICF and seach for you BSP application ( for example under , /default_host/sap/bc/bsp/sap/ )

and righ click and DISPLAY the service and go to change mode , go to tab Error pages,go to options ( depends upon the error type ( while logon or application etc.,) , and in the URL redirect column , update the URL that you want to display instaed of the standard error page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I did look at that, however it appears to not cover HTTP 400 errors which is what I am getting. Also, if I go back to the /zpv/zrf I still get the 400 session timed out error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, the only way to get back in at this point is to close the browser and restart it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you check the "Not Accessible" tab these are the errors that are trapped there:

If you want to generate your own page in the error pages, then you can use the following system fields:

For application errors with HTTP code 500:

'MESSAGE' , 'SYMSGID' ,'SYMSGTY' , SYMSGNO' , 'SYMSGV1' , 'SYMSGV2' , 'SYMSGV3' , 'SYMSGV4' , 'SYREPID' , 'SYTCODE' , 'SYDYNNR' , 'SYUNAME' ,'SYMANDT' , 'SYLANGU' , 'SYECODE' , 'SYHOST' , 'SYSYSID' , 'SYOPSYS' ,'SYDBSYS' ,'SYSAPRL' ,'SYXPROG' ,'SYXFORM' ,'SYDATUM' ,'SYUZEIT' ,'SYETEXT' , 'ERRORCODE' , 'PATHTRANS' , 'ISOLANGU'.

For logon errors with HTTP code 401:

'SYUNAME', 'SYMANDT','SYLANGU'', 'SYHOST', 'SYSYSID', 'SYOPSYS' 'SYSAPRL' , 'SYDATUM', 'SYUZEIT', 'PATHTRANS', 'FORMFIELD' , 'FORMFIELD_B64', 'ERRORCODE''

Here you can define URL direction.