cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No of messages in SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I am sending data from a file to webservice,since the webservice accepts only 1 message at a time I need to call it each time for each message I need to send.So I need to send data 7000 times for my data for both req and res.The size of the data is very small ,less than 1kb.Do to this reason in XI there will be 7000 messages created am using BPM for this.All the messages get processed successfully in like 15 min.Does it have any impact on the system,I mean will it cause any sort of issues as we are sending so many messages at a time.Please help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this should not be a problem.

7000 messages in 15 minutes is reasonable

REgards,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there won't be any impact on your system as each message is of just 1kb right, so there wont be any impact.

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

It does not matter how many messages are being sent at a time,as long as the size of single message is not soo big that it causes timeout,the scenario will work properly.

Only thing you might see is that some messages may be in wait status but they will get processed with time so no worries.

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Edited by: guest xi on Jun 12, 2008 2:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How much load can the webservice usually handle?Can it handle data upto 2 MB?I was wondering if we can change the webservice to handle multiple messages at a time and send the whole 1 MB file at a time.Will this be a problem? or will it sink due to the message size.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

@sud and guest_xi

Well i m a little confused between sud and guest_xi.

the message was edited in sud's reply but it says message edited by guest_xi.

I m unable to figure out if somebody is trying to reply to the actual question or asking a counter question.

Please clear the confusion for us

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both of them belong to me.I dont know how it happened.I use both my id's on the same PC,may be due to this.

Edited by: guest xi on Jun 12, 2008 3:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have tested sending message to webservice upto 12 MB.

So for 2 MB you should not have any problem with sending and receiving messages.

Gaurav Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for clearing.

now answering your question,you can have 2MB file,that wont be an issue.

only thing you might need to do is may be change timeout parameters in case you start getting errors(but i dont think 2MB will give you any timeout issues)

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies guys,does every system having webservices can handle this size or does it depend upon the system? and what other factors come into account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends upon your system CPU, Heap memory, RAM and other factor.

For details refer to XI Tuning guide available on service market place.

Gaurav Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, there might be perofrmance issue.

The Best solution will be to use the record set (at sender file channel side) and split the file record in batch of record and send it to theWeb Service each a time. This way you can avoid BPM and can increase the performance as well.

Pls reward point if find useful

Thanks

Amit