cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is gonna rock?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

I am planning to enter into field of SAP. I was doing research on this for some time. As you know there are many modules of SAP. I would like to have suggestion from you guys, which module is good and going to rock in near future..

1. FI, MM, PP, HR:: already a lot of experienced guys are available

2. CRM, BW :: hmm...also a lot available..

3. Netweaver: EP, XI etc.. I dont think there will be a lot of oppurtunities in this area as SAP is already developing this in such a way that only config is necessary.. very less customization..so BASIS guys can handle this

4. SAP BASIS: I am not that interested in this

5. remaining are SRM, SEM, APO,IPC-VC, etc...

so could you please help me out guys in choosing a SAP module..

please correct me if my above statements are wrong and suggest me if there are any hot modules that I missed in the list...

so which SAP module is gonna rock?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

No matter how many experienced people are available in the market for each SAP technologies, still there are numerous openings for skilled people. In my view you first select the particular SAP track/module based on your previous experience and on your education. After selecting the particular module start working on it. Once you have good knowledge there are plenty of opportunities available in that module.

>> Netweaver: EP, XI etc.. I dont think there will be a lot of oppurtunities in this area as SAP is already developing this in such a way that only config is necessary.. very less customization..so BASIS guys can handle this

There are many things in XI/EP to develop that can not be done by basis guys. XI/EP developer requirement is very much in demand and you can not say that the work of developer can be done by BASIS guys. And as per market strategy these netweaver technologies are going to get more market perspective in future. Its in very demand and when in SAP there are lakhs of opportunities for people I think atleast you will also get one position. Just be positive and focus on learning rather than get demotivated.

• Reward points if helpful. *

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

shiva...my friend..be a innovative person...find out one more module which you can suggest to SAP to add...learn that first hand & rule the market...what say...well jokes apart..no matter whosoever has told you that there are plenty of guys for those modules...still there is acute shortage of skilled consultants in the market... one more thing which is irking me....how the heck you are opting from so many module...i mean if one has worked in the hardcore SCM..then only he/she is preffered in SAP SCM..or you are starting a new trend here..that you can enter any module of SAP.

Hats off..!!

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not a module but things like ESA (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/esa) that will do the trick.

I don't agree with your conclusion upon base. You'll always need it.

Eddy

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls don't forget to reward points and close the question if you find the answers useful.

Eddy

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Not sure that I agree here.....

<i>3. Netweaver: EP, XI etc.. I dont think there will be a lot of oppurtunities in this area as SAP is already developing this in such a way that only config is necessary.. very less customization..so BASIS guys can handle this</i>

In our EP envirnoment, ALL of our iViews are custom development. We developed the iViews using jsp, webdynpro(java) and connected to our r/3 backend to do the business logic(ABAP).

It was not just config.

Regards,

Rich Heilman