cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance check in PO set by default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have defined a Tolerance group with Tolerance keys. I have maintained the attribute TOG in PPOMA_BBP, everything is working fine. When I create the PO I am able to choose the Tolerance group in Basic data for every item and the tolerances get transfered to backend. However, is there a way to have the tolerance group set by default at item level in the Purchase order so that it always gets transfered to backend?

I need the tolerances to be transfered to backend without the user needing to set it manually in the PO.

Any ideas?

Sincerely

Anders Öhrling

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try using the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI using the method bbp_po_change? Here based on the mode of the PO(create, Change,Save etc) you could default any parameter.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sumat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumat,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have a requirement of Updating/Defaulting the Tolerance during PO creation which is available in Item Basic Data.

I'had tried using the method BBP_PO_CHANGE in BADI BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI, but there is no interface in the signature for changing Tolerance.

Kindly provide me some more inputs how to go further.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I just happened to check in the system. you are right the tolerance cannot be defaulted using the existing BADIs for PO creation. i also checked the business partner/product data and there is no provision for this. I think you should create an CSS message for SAP to suggest a solution

Regards

Sumat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders Öhrling,

Is this issue is resolved, as i've got the same requirement of defaulting Tolerance in PO. Kindly help me if it solved.

Best Regards,

Surya

Edited by: Surya Chaganti on Jul 17, 2008 1:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue not resolved, and since we're only using "standard" the user will have to set the tolerance manually.

/Anders Öhrling

laurent_touillaud
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Why don't you just take the GUID of the Purchase Order in the badi you mentionned (DOC_CHANGE_BADI) and update the corrspondig entries in the tables for tolerance when they are empty?

Example : take the guid of th purchase order and look in table BBP_PDHGP for field TOL_GROUP. If it is empty then you add your code implementation and fill this field accordingly.

You can update everything as soon as you have the PO GUID.

Best regards,

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would appreciate if any one can share their knowledge on the above problem.

I have the same issue, where in PO change mode, I am able to select the tolerance group MG but it doesn't get defaulted automatically, even after the tolerance group is set to default in Org structure for the Requestor.

Thanks

Venkatesh