cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC programs affected after system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing a problem after system copy with regards to the HR module.

Client have create a BDC programs and it was running fine in the old server.

After the system refresh, one of the BDC is having problem and following is the brief,

1. While running a user transaction in FOREGROUND, the program is running correctly and in BACKGROUND the program is calling some other action which is not recorded in the BDC. One observation was made that, while running in DEBUG mode, with the background option, the program runs correctly.

2. In program we are calling 2 PA40 actions, whose sequence no. are 28 and 61 resp. In background mode the program calling some other PA40 action whose seq no is 22.

Is there anything we are missing in the profile or some settings in the applications to run the BDC program.

From the old server I could make that there are some profile which I have not copied on new server( startiing with em/.....)

Regards

Pras

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you run transaction "BDLS" after the system copy to switch the logical name?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I haven't run that transaction.

I have checked the old server, and the logical system is PRDCABS500 and the same is present in the new system.

But I am amaze that the other BDC's are working fine, just 1-2 bdc are having problems?

I have checked BD54 in new system its still showing the old..

What do you recommend and when should this activity to be done( I information says that no users should be present?).

Edited by: Prashant Dhas on Jun 13, 2008 7:05 AM