cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to login in SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

I can't able to login in SDm and also can't deploy any application on SDM.

I have installed fresh server on one machine and trying to seploy one sample application for testing. But it didn't allow administrator password.

Then i found that my administrator password is locked. I have activated SAP* user and unlocked Administrator user. I have changed its password also from visual administrator and useradmin.

Then i have deactivated my SAP* user and trying to deploy application. But, still it is giving same problem.

At this point in time, I can able to login in Visual administrator as well as in User admin using Administrator username and password.

But i can't open remotegui or can't deploy application. It is giving error that user authentication failed.

I have also tried login in remotegui using SAP* password and administrator password. But still it is not working.

What should be the problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Did you try deploying your application directly from Visual Admin by logging as an Administrator?

Regards,

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understand the Password for Visual Administrator and the SDM are totally different, however during the initial setup the same password is applied to both of them (to simplify the setup process).

Incase of any locking with SDM password we need to change it using the sdm exe available in SDM folder under <drive>:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00.

The forum post shows the method to reset the password /thread/74274 [original link is broken]

Regards,

S.Divakar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

you said you changed the password of the Administrator user after unlocking it. Did you also change the Admin password in the secure store in the file system? The SDM uses it to connect to the J2EE Engine, and that might be the reason you're not able to log in. Check SAP Note 701654 for more information about how to update the password in the secure store.

Hope that helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lvanov,

Yes i have updated Administrator password in Secure store also.

For your information, before getting deployment error, when it asks for sdm password, at that time it can't accepts password and after three trials SDM gets shut down.

Regards,

Bhavik