cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Horizon in Requiremets view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Planning Horizon in Requirements view gives a warning if "From Date" is more than 1 month back.

Can someone point out which setting is effecting this.

Is there any way to increase this limit.

Thanks in advance.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar - I would not worry about this because it is just a warning. There is no config or setting to change - this 30 day check is hardcoded in the ABAP. Also if the difference is greater than 730 days you will also receive a warning. The warnings are to notify users of the dates and volume of data that may be displayed.

Regards

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to get an Error message when "from date" is more than 30 days back period.

Do you suggest that ABAP code has to be modified to get this.

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar - yes the only way to change that warning message to an error message is thru modification or copy of the program. One alternative is to create a transaction variant for the transaction /sapapo/rrp1 where you block that field from being changed. The field is defaulted to current date always so by preventing the user from changing that will always enforce the current date. I do not think that you can include logic such as today's date minus 30 in the transaction variant but that may be another option. Another option would be to create a new transaction pointing to the same program that /sapapo/rrp1 uses and create a variant assigned to the transaction. Then you could use TVARV or date manipulation in the variant, protect that field and assign the variant in the new transaction. Then you would need to reasign the transactions accordingly in user roles. Why do you need to restrict the requirements view to 30 days in the past?

Regards

Andy