cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a new IS- Solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to know what is the process of creating a new Industry Solution and if it is possible for an external partner to do so with SAP.

I know of external software that has been integrated and certified for SAP Business One for a new Business that SAP was not coveting yet, but I wonder how the same process can be repeated for SAP ERP ( 6.0 ECC ) and if that requires an IS- solution creation, as the business type is also not coveted by SAP Business Suite.

My guess:

1- Get an SAP System to develop the Integration with the external software. ( does it requires SAP intervention mandatory? )

2- Work on the integration of the systems from the programming point of view ( create the programs in ABAP that consolidate master and transactional data, I guess afterwards SAP reviews code and standards? ).

3- Work on the integration from the basis point of view ( let's say not all the external software functionality and programs can be duplicated in SAP (ABAP ) so an application integration is needed, SAP calling VB, and so on..) --> This requires SAP help?

Are the IS-* solutions coded completely in ABAP or do they integrate anoteh rapplications using other languages liek Visual Basic?

If so, how is the User Interface topic managed? is it SAP Netweaver in HTML?

I'm not interested in Integration and Certification of software, but in creation of new SAP modules or IS- solutions.

Any answer is very wellcome.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have all the information necessary at the VSDK home page.. vertical solution development kit in the SAP service market place

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mohan_madaiah
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David

have u got information reg posted subject, could u share the information with me,

thanks in advance,

Mohan M