cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interfacing SAP with an existing java applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I want to interface an existing java product with SAP, the product has all the apis. Could you tell me how to do the interface, Is it possible to do it using web dynpro? I want the interface to help accessing SAP documents from Java product and vice versa. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kathirvel,

thanks a lot for ur reply. this is what i wanted. I'll contact you if i have any clarification.

thanks,

gajaruban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Herath,

<b>1. Through the SAP GUI i should be able to process the documents which are available in the SAP repository and store them in an external repository system</b>

It is always possible to all you want in SAP using your SAP GUI, that will never be a problem. Storing the result in external system say your local machine is also possible, you can download them as files etc.

<b>Is this possible through JCo interface? Or else what other mechanisms can be followed.</b>

This is also possible through JCo. The main reason we opt for JCo is to achieve the above mentioned functionality from an external system (non SAP) eg: creating materials in SAP from a external application. This is where you mainly need the help of JCo.

Hope this will solve your problem. Let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kathirvel,

thanks a lot again for ur informative response, I just wanna make my requirement more clear. what i want is this; Through the SAP GUI i should be able to process the documents which are available in the SAP repository and store them in an external repository system. Is this possible through JCo interface? Or else what other mechanisms can be followed.

thanks,

Gajaruban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is possible. Using the BAPI, RFM, IDoc's, the external application can establish a connection with the SAP repository. They can post, read, and change data using the appropiate BAPI, RFM etc.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/35/42e13d82fcfb34e10000000a114084/content.htm

Hope this is what you wanted.

Thanks,

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for ur reply, Is it possible for another application to access the documents returned by the SAP front end?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos