cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal object number (CUOBF) in MARA table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can any one tell me, What is Internal object number in Material Master for the given Material.

Also explain how the Internal object number (CUOBF) will update in MARA table for the given material.

regards

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr./Ms. Ed Bunn,

As you have explained in your answer, there is a problem for me.

A material has internal object numbers different in MARA-CUOBF and MARC-CUOBJ.

And more over in the basic data of the material "Configurabile Material' Check box is in 'Unchecked' status.

No my problem is when I check the characteristics in CU50 it shows different values and when I run a report which is using the FM VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION_IBASE it gives me different values.

I have tried to run the report with both the object numbers MARA-CUOBF and MARC-CUOBJ,

but they are diffrent from CU50.

MARC-STDPD for this materal has a value set with a higher level material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The CUOBF will generate if is a configurable material type and you enter a KDMAT (Configurable Material) in the basic data view and add characterisic values.

YOu can also do this so you have a plant specific configuration, by configuring it in the MRPII View.

Best practice though is to first configure the KDMAT and attributes in the Basic data view, then copy the configuratoin values in the MRP Views.

If you do not do it in this sequence you may have many troubles in the future when completing plant to plant transfers since the CUOBJ generated will be unique for each plant.

If you first generate it in the CUOBF field and copy, the configuration for each plant is tied back to the centeral basic data view.

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CUOBF = an internal object number which usually contains the configuration information for a specific material. If you have the MARA-CUOBF value, you can see what data is referenced for this object by running transaction SE37 - Function Module: VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION_IBASE and input the MARA-CUOBF value into the INSTANCE field.

You will then see what the configuration of that specific material is after execturing the function module.

I hope this helps you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ed Bunn

Thanks for ur reply,

I want to know , how this internal Object number CUOBF is generated or updated in MARA table, because for ceratin materail, the CUOBF no is not generating , in MARA table.

pl explain.

Regards

Prashanth