SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retail: Prices in STO delivery document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on IS-Retail (latest version as of Jan 2008) . We have the standard process of sending merchandise from the DC to stores through stock transfers through ME21N followed by VL10B for outbound delivery creation.

We need to get the MRP(and the pricing data) in the conditions tab of the delivery screen. This is delivery type NL and I have made the assignment of pricing procedure to this delivery type but it still does not show the condition records. I get the message that the conditions has not been set.

However for the regular deliveries for wholesale customers, using delivery type LF, I can get the prices in the delivery screen by the same above mentioned assignment.

Anybody got any clue how to make this work? ( I thought note 598899 would be relevant but to my disappointment found that it has already been implemented for this version of IS-Retail).

Milan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First You are creating Stock Transport Order.

In Stock transport order, the valuation of goods is transferred out from SiteStorage location at time on good issues to Site and when the receiving site passes a goods receipt, the valuation is transferred from Site to SiteStorage Location.

Standard SAP Solution does not provide solution to India specific MRP Issue. I can understand the importance of MRP and its requirements when goods are transferred from one site to another site and a document is required which should carry the MRP for the Article being transferred. This can be handled in the developement for priting the required stock transfer note or Delivery challan.

The scenario is entirely different in terms of Sales Order, since business process and requirement are different.

Regards

Tapan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First You are creating Stock Transport Order.

In Stock transport order, the valuation of goods is transferred out from SiteStorage location at time on good issues to Site and when the receiving site passes a goods receipt, the valuation is transferred from Site to SiteStorage Location.

Standard SAP Solution does not provide solution to India specific MRP Issue. I can understand the importance of MRP and its requirements when goods are transferred from one site to another site and a document is required which should carry the MRP for the Article being transferred. This can be handled in the developement for priting the required stock transfer note or Delivery challan.

The scenario is entirely different in terms of Sales Order, since business process and requirement are different.

Regards

Tapan

0 Kudos

Hi Tapan,

Thks for your response.

I am just trying to use the standard SAP feature of getting the pricing procdedure and its conditions(with MRP etc) to flow into a delivery document by assigning the procedure to the delivery type( LE->Shipping->Basic Shipping functions->Pricing->Define pricing procedures for delivery).

This above standard feature works for normal LF type of delivery which is I can get the MRP conditions into the delivery document. It's not working for the NL type of deliveries which are created through VL10B.

The system fetches the procedure but weirdly does not fetch the condition records. If this would work then I could have met this India specific requirement.(Yes though if it does not work I'll have to fetch the MRP directly in the printouts through tables).

With regards,

Milan.

0 Kudos

The delivery type "LF" and "NL" are technically different. It will not work.

0 Kudos

Tapan

It should work for NL as well.

Because of the info on the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/12/086507470311d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

mentions that this can be achieved for deliveries from the distribution centers to receiving stores. This would be acheived by NL type( or some such variation of NL) and not by normal delivery LF.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I can see what the help document is talking about. You can attach a pricing schema if u really want to view the conditions, but still u have to do the coding if the same has to be printed.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is that we cannot even view the conditions in the NL delivery even after assigning the pricing schema. The pricing schema does get fetched but the system does not display the condition records from the database( message as: condition records exist, but has not been set) . We aren't even using any requirement routine in the schema.

Yes I agree though that printing would require the coding. But my requirement currently is to first view the conditions on the delivery screen.

0 Kudos

Tapan

We got thru this one.

NL type uses NLN as item category. This item category in standard has pricing as inactive whereas TAN has it as active. Making pricing as standard for NLN solves the problem.

But there is a fair amount of sytem bug here anyway. The delivery screen should not have fetched the pricing procedure anyway in that case. Nevetheless, no complaints as the problem is solved.

Thought I might share it here.

Milan.