cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link WDA Application TO WDJ Application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to link WDA Apllication with WDJ Application.

ie.my scenario is i generated a alv report to get the all the patients in one table.if select any patient a separate application which is developed in WDJ has to be open and that selected patient id has to be appear in second application(WDJ).

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If both the applications are in Portal you can always pass the patient ID using iView Parameters or

using Events.

You can use NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE method of IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION

to navigate to WDJ Application and pass the parameter.

Abhi

Edited by: Abhimanyu Lagishetti on Jun 12, 2008 12:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

i got the some idea based on your explanation.

can u plz say it little elabarate.....i.e step to follow.

my reqirement is after displaying ALV with values,i can select any of patient.and after that i press a button.then it must open a new application (WDJ) by carrying that selected record patient_id .and this value automically displayed in second application in the corresponding field.....

plz help me to resolve this.....

thanks & Regards

Ravi

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In WDJ you can read the parameters passed to the applicaton using

WDProtocolAdapter.getProtocolAdapter().getRequestObject().getParameter( "<Name of the Param>" );

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/44/be65751c743959e10000000a1553f6/content.htm

in your case, the param is patient ID, now call RFCs and get the details of the patient and display.

In WDA you have to write code to navigate to the WDJ Application.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/18/f96f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

hope it is clear.

Regards

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Thank u ver much for fast reply.

in your case, the param is patient ID, now call RFCs and get the details of the patient and display.

what is the need call rfc here.

in NAVIGAT_ABSOLUTE method,BUSINESS_PARAMETERS is there.can i pass required values to that.required values in the sense values have to be carry along with url .

Plz say me the process to send the required values to WDJ application from WDA Application.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

in NAVIGAT_ABSOLUTE method,BUSINESS_PARAMETERS is there.can i pass required values to that.required values in the sense values have to be carry along with url .

Yes you need to pass the required parameters using this.

what is the need call rfc here.

You can not pass all the data through URL, you can retrieve the patient ID in your WDJ.

Now, how are you planning to get the details of this patient.

You have to call the backend functions to get the data, right?

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case,i deveveloped ALV report in WDA.After displaying all records .user can select any one record from the alv.whenever he select a record,i have to call another application which has developed in WDJ,and i have pass two values(patient_id,episode id) to the WDJ Application.

what i need is how to pass the patient_id,episode id values to WDJ Application.

Hope that u understand my scenario.

Plz help me to resove this.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi.

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

so no issues, pass the parameters using the method NAVIGATE_ABSOLUTE

Abhi