cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Multiple incoming records to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting 20000 records to be inserted into Database (Proxy is triggered which sends 20000 records to XI) , But i want to insert 1000 records in one transaction (1000 at a time , means for 20000 records i want to send 20 messages) . Can i achieve this wothout using BPM.?

Thanks

Vikrant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ajay:

We have similar situation, but we choose limiting number of the transactions of a message in sender side.

We modified our ABAP program, set the cap for each message, saying you have 20000 records to send our for a batch, our program will send 20 messages, with 1000 records in each message.

By default, the max size that integration engine can handle is 20 MB (I think so), but you can change the size cap by modifying runtime parameter. It is good practice to control the size of the message that passing through integration engine.

So you need to do something in sender side.

Of cource, you can also do message splitting, to split 20000 records / per message to smaller ones in target side.

Or you can also deploy a module doing similar process (split into smaller size) in adapter engine.

Liang

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using File adapter at sender side, You can use

Recordset per message = 1000

Hence Your 20000 records can be splitted into 20 * 1000 Recordset per message.

Otherwise You can use Adapter module for inserting the records to database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You can use message splitting.

Split the 20,000 records into multiple messages of 1000 each.

This can be acheived on the message mapping and interface mapping by changing the occurrence of target message to 0...n on the occurence tab for target message.

The splitting can be acheived by intorducing context changes after every 1000 recirds.

Hope this helps,

vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ajay,

check the below blog

Inserting Multiple Records into MaxDB Database

/people/kathirvel.balakrishnan2/blog/2005/08/15/inserting-multiple-records-into-maxdb-database

regards

chandra