cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Restrict fields when change posted SC

0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way to restrict fields when change posted SC ? currently if SC already approved by 3 manager and waiting for the last manager for approval then the requestor change any fields in the SC, the approval flow will be reset from the beginning.

Is there any way to restrict some fields so whatever changes on these field will not reset existing approval ?

Fyi, we're using SRM 4.0

Thank's & Regards,

Sastra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To disable changing the SC by the requester durng any level of approval,you can set the value for the parameter "BBP_WFL_SECURITY" in SU01(under personalization tab) for the requester user.

Also based on the value of this paramtere you can also define whether the workflow for approval should be restarted in case of any chnage in the SC.

See the foll link for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/f7/a6a3415e34b05fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I think you will have to use 2 BADIs to achieve what you want.

The BBP_WF_SECURITY BADI has already been mentioned, I think you will have to use BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI as well.

What you can do is use the BBP_WF_SECURITY BADI to check what staus the cart is in, and if it is has been partially approved then you can set the workflow to not restart if the user changes anything.

Then you will have to use the BBP_SC_MODIFY_UI BADI to also check on the cart status, and make whatever fields you do not want the user to change display only.

If you do not make those fields output only the person who created the cart could at that point change any field they wanted and the workflow would not restart.

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos

Hi Dave & All,

Thank's for the replied but unfotunately the Badi's that you suggested not applicable for us which is we want to prevent approval workflow being restarted when "requestor" change particular field that's very minor(such as put a dot in the item description, internal note) in the posted SC which already approved by several managers but not yet fully approved.

I checked with the posted SC which already approved that the approval workflow will be restarted once i click change button.

From my description above, i hope it's clear and maybe you can give some workaround to solve this case.

Thank's,

Sastra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I think this is possible but it might be tricky.

You will have to use just BBP_WFL_SECUR_BADI.

What you can do is call function BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL based on the GUID passed int the BADI.

That will tell you what the current cart detail is including any changes.

Then you can call function BBP_PROCDOC_GETDETAIL.

That will show you what the cart details are in the database, before any chanegs were made.

Then you can compare the 2 to see what has been changed.

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos

Hello Dave & All,

Thank's for your feedback but after we checked the related Badi's that you sent, it's just retrieved a data from the database which is not as we want. What we want is how to get data in the current screen and compare it with the database in order to check the changes on the particular fields so we can know when need to activate/deactivate the workflow approval.

Please advise is there any way to this, will rewards you all with the highest point if it's work.

Thank's & Best Regards,

Sastra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Are you sure BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL is not returning the cart details from memory?

It does normally, unless the BADI is being called later maybe and everything is already saved maybe?

Regards,

Dave.

0 Kudos

Hello Dave & All,

We're sure that BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL not returning the cart details from memory.

We don't want the BADI is being called later maybe and everything is already saved because it's too late, we want to trigger workflow approval by only changes for certain fields(such as quantity, unit price,others)

Fyi, we're using n-step approval workflow.

Best Regards,

Sastra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Depending on the authorisation level set under the paramater "BBP_WF_SECURITY" under personalization tab one can define whether or not a SC can be changed during approval process.This parameter can be set at role level or at user level.

If you set authorisation level 4 then even after changes in SC the approval continues.

With BADI BBP_WFL_SECURE_BADI you can define your own logic of how the shopping carts needs to be changed during approval.

Br,

Raj

Do reward point for useful answer