Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support package

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I need to apply a support package SAPKH6007. for this prerequistes are SAPKNA7007 and SAPKW70010.For SAPKW70010 prerequistes are SAPKA70010 and SAPKIPYJ7A. For SAPKA70010 prerequistes are SAPKB70010. i have downloaded all the .car files from the market and kept all of them in EPS/IN folder.

Can anyone tell me which one i schould start importing with and steps for the import. Now every package in SPAM T.code every package which i recently downloaded are showing in yellow sign. Please assist.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Really helpful solution in need time.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chiranjeevi,

When you define the queue choose all the components you wish to apply support packages for, SPAM will then decide the best possible route to implement the support packages and create the queue.

As long as all dependencies are met you should not have a problem, also check for any notes on Service Marketplace that relate to the SP's you are importing in case there are problems with importing them. Please make sure to update SPAM before implementing any SP's.

Seeing as though you are applying so many SP's as a result of dependencies you may want to see whether it would not be better to apply a Support Package Stack(http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks) which you can apply as a complete set of support packages without worrying about dependencies.

Regards,

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first you need to import SAPKB70010 and then SAPKA70010.

you can define queue for import.

before applying support package

read 822379: Known problems with Support Packages in SAP NW 2004s AS ABAP.

i have downloaded all the .car files from the market and kept all of them in EPS/IN folder.

did you extrack all .sar file in EPS/IN folder. with sapcar -xvf filename.sar?

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal,

I have extracted and hen i kept in eps/in folder.

As you said to go with basis and abap components first,iam planning to keep the .att and .ptt file sin eps/in folder. Is that is the process.

Please tel me the steps for importing the support package from here.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first you need to read the sap note which i suggested.

before applying support package make sure that no one is login in SAP system.

login into SAP client 000 with SAP_ALL authorization .

run tcode SPAM

check new support package. -> click display

right click on SAPKB70010 -> define queue -> click on import queue ( truck icon)

follow the screen instruction.

as alternate you can read following

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/EN/a7/a7a932845c11d2b421006094b9ea64/frameset.htm

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Kaushal Can you kindly tell me how much time does it take to import a support package.Now in my EPS/in folder there is only SAP basis support package related .att and .pat files. Once these have been done i am planning to add abap .att and .ptt files.

Thank you for your useful information.Instant reply will be really appreciateable.My SAP-Basis support package is of 49.6MB as such apporixiamte.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you had selected ALL your components SPAM would have installed the Support Packages in the correct order starting with Basis if necessary.

Sometimes in rare cases you may need to provide a conflict resolution package or apply certain packages in a queue before others but generally this is only when you are far behind in applying SP's and there are many. The notes would have told you this though if it is the case so always important to read them first.

You should trust SPAM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if is difficult to say how much time it's takes.

approximately it takes 1.5 -2.5 hour to finish. ( not sure )

i think you are applying support package first time. so i suggest you to apply support package one by one. otherwise you can define import queue.

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you kaushal.

Your instantenous replies bring smile on my face.

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kaushal,

I have read the sap note given by you.How can i configure the import queue while applying the support package. For example i need the support package of SAPKH6008. for that prerequistes are SAPKNA7008,SAPKW70011 and some basis and abap packages also. i have alreday downloaded them from support market place and uncar them to my desktop. All to the set together cna put them in EPS/IN folder and start importing.Can you provide a glance regarding this.

For SAPKH6007,i have applied all the prerequistes. just when iam importing SAP_ALL SAPKH6007,it gives me a screen conflicts with installed Add-ons.it says " Conflicts between Add-on FI-CA 600 and support package." and " conflicts between Add-on FI-CAX and support package.How can i solve the promblem.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put all uncared support package in EPS/IN .

now you are applying SAPKH6007.

following is missing for SAPKH6007

FI-CA : - SAPK-60007INFICA

FI-CAX : - :SAPK-60007INFICAX

download this support package also and uncar it in EPS/IN box

regards,

kaushal

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I have downloaded FI-CA and FI-CAX from the support portal.

But in the import of support package iam stuck with one more error saying that

Error in Phase : XPRA_EXECUTION

Reason for error : TP_STEP_FAILURE

return code : 0006

Error message : OCS Package SAPKH60007, TP STEP R, RETURN CODE 0006.

pLEASE ASSIST.

Thanks in advance.

former_member657020
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you kaushal.

I again started importing and the issue is resolved.

Really thankful for your valuable solution.