cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Export problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I wan to export a model to import the model on an other system.

But if I click on the Export button just another popup will be opened: "Exporting..." and nothing happens.

Regards

Armin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Is your model in the shared repository or the local repository? Which SP version are you using?

Best regards,

Dharmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same export problem as Armin and I haven't solved it yet. The CE 7.1 SP5 system runs on Windows Server 2003 and the browser is IE7. If I access Visual Composer remotely from another machine also with IE7 the export works! Thus, it is not a problem of the server but of the client. Maybe it has something to do with the MS XML parser or the SVG viewer together with IE7?

Please post if anybody has a solution for this.

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by: Kevin Irmscher on Jun 16, 2008 10:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Could it be related to security configuration differences between the client's IE7s?

Regards,

Udi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

Great idea, thanks! I added the server to Trusted Sites and it didn't help but putting it in the Local Intranet Zone works. So it's definitely a IE security settings issue. Unfortunately I can't give you points because I didn't open the question but the problem is solved in my case.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

our CE 7.1 SP4 system runs on Windows XP with IE6.

If I access Visual Composer remotely from another machine with IE7 the export don't works!

With the IE6 of the CE machine the export works!

Regards

Armin

edit:

...putting it in the Local Intranet Zone works!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Try Kevin's solution (posted in this thread) and let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Udi

just noticed you did...

Edited by: Udi Cohen on Jun 16, 2008 11:41 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

in IE7 go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom level -> scroll to Downloads and enable Automatic prompting for the file downloads That should help!

Regards,

Kevin

Edited: Ok, we are posting in parallel here

Answers (0)