cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD backend call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Experts,

I am given a task to write Technical Specs which include Web Dynpro for ABAP (WD4A), since i am new to WD4A i need an expert comment on my below scenario.

My WD4A needs to fetch records from R/3; as in WD for Java we will write a Method to call BAPI; in WD4A how it works.

As it is WD4A MVC i am sure there will be models to call BAPI's. But can i directly execute / read data from R/3 without a BAPI?

FYI, this call will be executed multiple times in different scenarios; so will you suggest to go for a custom BAPI or how?

It will be great if you share and docs where it mentions the best-practices of reading R/3 data in WD4A.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You don't find Model in Web Dynpro ABAP, however it is the developers responsibility to make sure your Model is seperated from your View and Controller.

In WDA there is nothing like Model as we have in WDJ and model classes in BSP.

also you can find there is no Model Node in WDA.

Most of the Developers, create seperate classes or function modules to write there business logic and store the busienss data and perform calls to the appropriate methods and function modules to retrieve the data.

As a practice, we should not write data base statements like Select, Update etc.. in the Controller, the framework will not stop you doing so.

Abhi

Edited by: Abhimanyu Lagishetti on Jun 12, 2008 11:23 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got a lead of doing it..