How can I do it?

best regards

Yossi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It all depends on which version of NetWeaver you are running.

NetWeaver 2004(Web Application Server 6.4): <ul><li>Using deprecated IFRAME as suggested by Matthias </li>

<li>Generate complete html document in your code and display it new window(NonModalExteranal) or as link. This can be printed like any web page </li>

<li>Use pdf generating libraries like iText to generate pdf. This is completely different from Adobe interactive Forms.</li>

</ul>

NetWeaver 2004s / 2007(Web Application Server 7.0): <ul><li>When Web Dynpro iViews are integrated to portal, portal provides a print service. Check this link for [Configuring Printing in the Portal|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/8b/fb7bb9ce3e4fdd99be06b11f0b9b0f/frameset.htm] </li>

</ul>

NetWeaver CE (Web Application Server 7.1): <ul>

<li>Printing is finally available in Web Dynpro! Refer the [Blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7469] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; given by Sunitha</li></ul>

Of course, you can use previous version techniques in latest version too!

Cheers,

~kranthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go through the below link , hope that will help you.

/people/community.user/blog/2007/10/01/printing-in-web-dynpro-finally

Regards,

Sunitha Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yossi,

I think there is no "good" way to do it.

The "not so good" way would be to insert a IFrame UI Component in your View. Inside the IFrame you show a html page with a button that uses javascript to print the IFrames parent.

I don't have the code to paste here, but I know it works as I used this method before.

Kind regards

Matthias