cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

livecache full backup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I'm trying to do a full online backup of our LiveCache instance with dbmcli. So i run the command:

dbmcli -d <LC_SID> -n <hostname> -uUTL -tpi <SAP_SID> -tpp no_longer_used -tpc LCA backup_start SAPDB_FULL RECOVERY DATA

I run this command with the user <sid>adm. But i have the following error message:

Error! Connection failed to node <hostname> for database <LC_SID>:

tp error: can not create temporary file

I have obviously replaced the values <LC_SID> , <hostname> and <SAP_SID> with their real values

Does anyone have a clue ?

Thanks in advance

Y.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

If you are working directly with dbmcli, you don't need the tp options. Just use

dbmcli -d <db_name> -n <hostname> -u <dbm_user>,<password> -uUTL -c backup_start SAPDB_FULL RECOVERY DATA

or if the xuser data is maintained:

dbmcli -d <db_name> -n <hostname> -U c -uUTL -c backup_start SAPDB_FULL RECOVERY DATA

Regards,

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks Melanie this works !

But can you tell me why the other command line is not working ?

It is not working in our PROD system, but in QA and DEV is seems to work

Melanie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello!

The tp options are only used in the SAP system to be able to read the connect information from tables DBCON/DBCONUSR of the SCM system. They are not needed if you can enter the user information or if you use xuser.

Why it actually doesn't work I don't know - maybe there is a permission problem or a temporary directory needed does not exist. You might want to check SAP notes 711557, 847736 and 831108 if they contain a solution for your problem. If this does not help and you would like to figure out the root cause, you'll have to open a support message...

Best regards,

Melanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, thanks a lot for your help... i'll check the notes

Answers (0)