cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup the process to automatically trigger the Idoc to XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When ever i create the New Material in SAP R/3, the MATMAS Idoc shld be triggered automatically to XI

Presently we are using Change pointers, and executing the standard report at the end of the day and receiving the Idocs in XI.

We dont want this process, and also we dont want to schedule the report for every miniute also.

The process shld be as soon as the Materila is created, the Idoc shld be generated and come to XI.

Please sugget me

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to schedule background processing job, so that as and when the material is created it automatically triggers the Idoc.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helooo Nithiyanandam A.U.

By scheduling the report in background itself will not be generate the Idoc automatically

Here my requirement is as soon as the PO created in R/3,it shld generate the Idoc.

As you said if i schedule the job means, this will not happen

Why because when the job runs in the background then only the Idoc will be generated

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Business Transaction Event "00001250". This Event will trigger whenever material is created. You can write code for sending IDoc here.

Have a look at link to find how to use Transaction Events http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/Workflow/BTE/Demo1.htm

Thanks,

Punit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can schedule Background Job to trigger the IDOC to XI or call outbound processing program whenver you need to trigger the IDOC to particular event.

Thanks

sWarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

As i said we dont want that type of process, as soon as the material is created at backend, the Idoc shld generate Automatically

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vamsi

The link between the msg output and IDoc is maintained in the partner profile settings (WE20 transaction) -> outbound parameters -> Message control table.

go thru the below blog for

Message Control (Output Control) for ALE

/people/gajendra.bhakuni/blog/2007/03/13/message-control-output-control-for-ale

regards

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

The Blog which is sent by you is dealing with how to trigger the Idoc for Transaction data that is created at R/3 to target system..

This is fine, Will this process work for if i have the Custom Segments in my Idoc???

I have added 2 Zsegments to ORDERS Idoc.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever you are setting up the Outbound Message type under the partner profile you will get option as below

1. Collect IDOC

2. Process Immediately

Allow IDOC to process immediately. Have you tried this way.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

We tried that, but nothing is happen when the PO is created in R/3, it is not generating the Idoc automatically as soon as the PO is created .

Is there any one who is doing this mechanism.please let me know

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to call the IDOC processing program in User exit of ME21n,

The IDOC_OUTPUT* and IDOC_INPUT* programs are linked to the message type and idoc type via process code. WE82 links message type to idoc type, and WE64 links message type and process code. Message type, idoc type and process code are linked together in the partner profile for a particular inbound / outbound idoc process.

Now as for the triggering of Idoc, it works differently in inbound and outbound cases.

Methods of Outbound Idoc triggering

1. If the IDoc is created automatically through output via transaction (like edi order response, or invoice). Then the triggering program will be EDI_PROCESSING for EDI and ALE_PROCESSING for ALE scenarios. These programs read the NAST entry (created during output proposal) for the output type and then determine the correct outbound parameters from a unique partner profile matching the NAST record and then trigger the outbound process code.

2. We can trigger an outbound IDoc using MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE. Here we need to create the IDoc data body within the program and pass on receiver, sender, message type parameters to MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE which then creates it.

3. Manually creating a preconfigured IDoc message via transaction WE19

Methods of inbound IDoc triggering

Inbound IDocs are triggered by either external systems (edi, wms etc) or can be triggered by inhouse applications in SAP to post a application document.

1. EDI_DATA_INCOMING can create a IDoc from a file on the OS layer. It just needs a IDoc flat file containing control and data records, it will create an Idoc from it if the control record successfully matches a inbound partner profile parameters.

2. IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS can be triggered by external/internal programs to creae IDoc withing SAP, whereas IDOC_INBOUND_SYNCHRONOUS can be used by inhouse SAP programs to create inbound Idoc.

3. WE19 can create and post an existing inbound Idoc to application

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

I think the Blog provided by Chandra is correct for my Requirement as soon as the PO or SO is created in Backend system, the Idco will be generated

Can you please validate it......

Can we do the same procedure for Master data also???

Hi chandra can you please confirm the same

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swarup,

The Blog is dealing with how to trigger the Idoc for Transaction data that is created at R/3 to target system..

This is fine, Will this process work for if i have the Custom Segments in my Idoc???

I have added 2 Zsegments to ORDERS Idoc.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

go thru the process for BILLING

CREMAS, DEBMAS, MATMAS etc., are mastter data message types and there is a different way of appraoch in SAP R/3.

For transaction data, like Orders, Billing documents, Delivery Documents, Shipments etc., issuing an output is controlled thru Output types. The control type is normally dependent on the processing mode and media like EDI Output, PRINT, FAX etc., and transfer immediately etc., setting.

I am not sure if you are using SAP Standard output type.

First of all you need to know the output types to be used for triggering the billing outputs.

Here are the settings I am using.

1. Output type : RD00

2. Application Key : V3 (billing)

3. Outbound process code :SD09.

4. IDOC Type: INVOIC01, Extension: ZINVOIC01,

5. Message Type: INVOIC.

Set all these at partner profile WE20. Make sure you have the customer, RFC port etc., created in advance to be used herewith inthe partner profile to define.

Further configuration in R/3 for SD output types, use transation V/31 to see the output types and other stuff. It may not be possible to explain how to configure the output types, processing routines.

We have extended the SD09 process code to meet our requirement.

Even, if the config is in place, As soon as the Billing document is generated and issued an ouput (for EDI processing), you will see the IDOC generated. To get the IDOC number, refer to PROCESS LOG in the transaction.

Hope this answers your query.

I have seen the other post in response to this which explains about Master Data distribution. It is done in a different way. The Partner type for it will be LS and the partner type in your case will be KU.

REGARDS

chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>I have seen the other post in response to this which explains about Master Data distribution. It is done in a different way. The Partner type for it will be LS and the partner type in your case will be KU.

as you said you have seen the post for the partner of type LS and in my case i have to use Customer,Can you please tel me when we will use both these and in which cases

Please give me the details

Regards