cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to automatically generate settlement rule for all WBSE,

where I want to settle all the WBSE to Topmost WBSE & Topmost (the only Billing Element) WBSE to Cost Center.

How this can be done?

What settings are required?

For Topmost WBSE I am clear.

Create settlement strategy with account assignment Resp Cost Center & with Billing element.

The Run CJB2.

What setting is required to assign all other WBSE to Topmost WBSE?

Please guide.

Thansk in advance.

SSanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Reply?

Is this query so difficult?

I just want to know what setting I have to do to generate settlement rule for a WBS to settle it to its superior WBS?

SSanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanjay,

You cant generate the rule automatically for all sub-levels. You have to manually input the rule referencing the top WBS# as settlement receiver.

Thanks

Jagdish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case I will sugest the BDC.

Because by strategy rule, it is not possible to give receiver as the superior WBS Element.

So either you have to do it indiavidually for ach lower level WBS Element or go for the BDC Upload if there are multiple WBS Element.

For individual Settlement rule:

Step1: TCode CJ20N,

Select any second level WBS Element and Hit Ctrl+F3.

Step2: In the next screen enter as follows:

Cat: WBS

Settlement Receiver as the topmost WBS Element.

%: 100

For BDC Upload Please talk to ABAPer.

Hope its useful.

Thanks..

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to assign WBS Element Settlement Strategy to Project Profile.

SPRO > Project Systems > Costs > Automatic and Periodic Alllocations > Settlement > Settlement Rule for Work Breakdown Structure Element > Determine Strategy for Settlement Rule.

Tnx.

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Automatic generation of settlement rule for Sub level WBS elements. Do not use this for capital measures (IM scenarios)

Follow these steps

1)Choose Logistics or Accounting -> Project System -> Financials-> Period-End Closing -> Single Functions ->Settlement Rule -> Individual processing or Collective processing.

2)Select one of the following objects:

Sales document

Project definition

WBS element

3)Select the With hierarchy indicator.

The system then selects the subtree for the WBS element specified and processes all of it. Otherwise, a settlement rule is generated only for the WBS element specified.

4)Enter the Period and Fiscal year for the settlement rule change check.

When generating the settlement rule, the system only creates a new settlement rule if one of the following parameters has changed between the existing rule and the period you enter:

a)Settlement profile

b)Settlement receiver

5)Select the process control fields you require: The following options are available:

Background processing

Test run

Detailed lists

6)Choose Execute

System generate settlement rule for the selected objects automatically along with a detailed log

Please let me know if you have any issues in this

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sanjay

what is exactly question is. settle wbs element to other wbs element.

in this above situation u created a settlement profile in co module. in settlement profile we mention the sender and receiver. the month end when ever u run settlement then it will updated.

if u have any info let me know.

regards

prasanthi.