cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re:r/3 data flow to apo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Morning gurus

I have some idea on how the data from bw is planned in apo.

But can somebody explain me in detail on how r/3 data which is in production is planned in apo?

I mean the procedure if possible can somebody explain me with a suitable example.

Thanks

pv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please also see this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

CIF is the standard interface between R/and APO to transfer master and transaction data. While Master Data transfer is unidirectional, transaction data is bi-directional.

CIF provides the following :

Determination of source and target systems

Supply of SAP APO with the master and transaction data relevant to planning

Transfer of changes to transaction data

Return of planning results from SAP APO.

For CIF sutomizing see :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e6/c80539199abb27e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

The following process controls the transfer of data from SAP R/3 to SAP APO and back to SAP R/3

Setting up the initial data transfer & Change transfer

The integration model controls the transfer of master data and transaction data. It is generated in the SAP R/3 system and contains all data that is to be transferred from SAP R/3 to SAP APO. It is uniquely identified by name and application. From the complex dataset in SAP R/3, only those data objects are transferred to SAP APO that are needed for current planning and optimization processes in SAP APO. These data objects are specified in the integration model.

This is a big topic . Please see SAP Help for more details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u very much virendra very helpfull answer.

pv

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean data flow from R/3 to APO cubes?

here we create a data source for R/3 source system for which info structures containing necessary fields are mapped.

You assign this data source to Infosource and maintain the rules.

finally connect this infor source with infocube using update rules..

If you are asking about APO master data and transactional data flow from R/3, then we use Core interface for this..

Better go thru some standard document..

regards

umamahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply uma

I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u very much uma but i am very much confused about that core interface concept.

If there is a R/3 system which is in production and there is a apo system which is in production how the live data is tranffered between them using CIF please.