cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard and free goods item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created one standard materia XYZ. in MM01( for Sales org 1000/ Dist. channel 10/ plant 1000.) and i have assigned TAN to this . Now i also need to process XYZ as free goods in some transactions.If I extend this material for the same organizational levels and assign TANN to my material XYZ. then at the time of creating sales order how the system will respond?

Or should i have to change the item category in VF01 every time when i want to give XYZ as free goods?

what should be the right procedure?

Regards

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

You mentioned that some times you send it as free item for this you better to enter TANN item category manually in the sales order no need of enter the item category in the VF01.

Before entering the TANN in the sales order for free item you do the itemcategory determination in VOV4 transaction with TANN as like this

Document typeItemcatogory group-->Default itemcategory(DfltC)as TANManual item category as TANN(Mltca).

Now you can able to enter TANN itemcategory manually in sales order.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

first of all, you are not assigning the item category TAN or TANN to the material. You are only maintaining itemcategory group as NORM, the sytem takes the item category in the sales documents based on the item category determination maintianed in SPRO -- > Sales and Distribution --> Sales documents --> Sales document item --> Itemk categories --> Item category determination.

In the case of free goods you create the free goods with trnasaction VBN1, maintian the free goods quanity, the sytem will automatically take TANN as item category for free good item. So there is no need of maintianing the item category manually anywhere.

Prase