Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC dependency between Protal Application and Java library

lee_dong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I an new to NWDS and NetWeaver, hope my question does not scare you

My question is quite simple: I created a Java library DC and a Portal Application DC, and the Portal Application relies on the Java library on both compiling and running time. I just added run time and deploy time dependency between them. When I develop the portal application, it is working fine. But after deploying the portal application, the Java library can not be found anymore. It seems that the Java library is not deployed together with portal application. What should I do then? Currently I have to manually add the Java library into the portal application deployable.

I have no idea what is wrong with it. I do not know whether the Java library can be deployed separately but I guess it should not. Then how to make the portal application deploy with Java library? Is is a bug of NWDS or a configuration issue?

P.S. My NWDS is 7.1SP06.

B.R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow two scenario's:

1. Create a public part for assembly in the Java Library DC and define that as a used DC in the Portal DC. Now the jar should get packaged with the Portal DC.

2. Use a J2EE Library DC to create a deployment mechanism for the Java Library DC. Again you'll need to create a public part for assembly. After that you can reference the J2EE library from the sharing references in the Portal DC's portalapp.xml.

The difference between the two options is that in the second case the Java Library will be present on the runtime system(s) only once if you have multiple using DCs. If there's a bug in the Java DC you will not need to rebuild and redeploy all your using (Portal DCs).

Answers (0)