cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can End User update a table throug VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've created a table by taking the data from back end(Oracle DB)

Now I want to provide a interface where in if there is any updation or deletion of rows in the table then the end user has to directly do it from the interface rather doing it in database.

I tried through system action(Insert row), no result comes i.e no row is added

Is it possible for the end user to directly update the table through the interface?If so, please let me know

Thanks and Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

1. Insert Row inserts an empty row in the table.

2. Yes you can achieve your task by triggering an event when the user provides inputs to the table fields. Have you referred to the VC SQL editor about this? If not, please check here https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/6339e7d4-0a01-0010-1c98-db00e52e...

3. The doc has an example of how to retreive the data from backend; in your case, please use "insert" statement for the respective data services.

Let me know if it's helpful

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you have to set the table to "editable". By default, a table is read-only. Thus, the event "insert row" might not be executed.

Have a try.

Kind Regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vani,

I tried using insert statement as per the document but it says "query execution failed"

Let me expalin what i'm trying to do

1.I've created a form with input field to enter a name by the end user with a submit button

2.Output is a table from database( the table has certain number of records)

3.My requirement is when the user enters a name in the input field and submits it then a row has to be appended in the table with the name entered in the input field

As you said i tried using sql statement but getting an error.

Please let me know if could convey my requirement properly and if yes then how can i achieve my requirement

Benjamin,

Even after setting the table to editble i'm unable to add a row.

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anybody knows the solution,please let me know.

Still the problem persists.

Regards,

Pradeep