cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adaptor not picking up file from input directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is sreeram.file adaptor is not picking up file when i went to component monitoring checked communication channe.i got this log proble is error when attemtng to archive file.pls see the log.

2008-06-11 11:41:50 Success Channel send_cc: Send binary file "
kitsap\input\empinput.xml". Size 159 with QoS EO

2008-06-11 11:41:50 Success Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection AFW.

2008-06-11 11:41:50 Success Trying to put the message into the send queue.

2008-06-11 11:41:50 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the send queue.

2008-06-11 11:41:50 Success The message status set to DLNG.

• 2008-06-11 11:41:50 Error Attempt to archive file "
            kitsap\input\empinput.xml" after processing failed. Retry *****

2008-06-11 11:41:50 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2008-06-11 11:41:50 Success The application sent the message asynchronously using connection AFW. Returning to application.

2008-06-11 11:42:00 Success Channel send_cc: Send binary file "
kitsap\input\empinput.xml". Size 159 with QoS EO

2008-06-11 11:42:00 Success Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection AFW.

All cache updates are update in sxi_cache and j2ee delta cache are also updated successfully.pls give me any solutions to resolve this problem.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can't use both the source directory and the archive directory to be the same.

Try to change the archive directory path and also did you check whether the mapping is working fine, if so try to take the sample fine from the data provided in the message mapping test tab (src file).

Also check whether you have read/ write permissions to the source, target and archive directory.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sreeramulu konjeti

check permission of directory
kitsap\input i think that directroy not have full permission of reading and archiving file so give full permission 777 to that directory

if helpful give rewrad point

Amit Shivhare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this and see.

In RWB, in communication channel monitoring see the status of ur sender file adapter. If it is automatic control, then stop the

channel and restart it manually. Now check whether ur file has been picked up.

When i did face the same problem, my file got picked up after doing this.

Thanks,

Linsy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

First chech whether the file are stuck in the Queue or not (SMQ1 or SMQ2)

if yes, Then delete the queues and register them using transaction SMQR.

Sencond, if its an XML file then check whether the structure of content of the file is similar to the structure in the mapping.

Third if your are using FCC, then make sure that the conversion parameters are proper.

reward points if useful.

regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sreeramulu,

go thru the below suggestions:

1)As you had ensured that sender agreement is activated, cache is refreshed maybe you can try to restart the xi server (test server?), though not a suggested solution.

2)Since you are having the QoS as EOIO, you would have given a 'Queue Name' in the channel ..right ? COuld you please cross the correctness of the name ?

3)If you dont have any errors then run the transaction SXI_CACHE and click on Go To tab and click on Adapter Engine Cache. Then you should see your Adapter

Engine url.

4)Run report RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES. this will reactivate all ICF used by XI.

in your error log it shown as ERROR IN ARCHIVING

SO can you check if those files have read only attributes?

if so you cannot delete /(or archive )them from the directory ?

regards

chandrakanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following blog might be useful to you to troubleshoot the file adapter

/people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/01/24/troubleshooting-file-to-idoc-scenario-in-xi

Regards,

Radhika

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeramulu,

I think there is a problem in you Physical file path. Please check your File system customizing.

The physical file path will show the way to keep the archive file in the exchange directory. So here the physical path could be the main reason 4 ur problem.

Plz do check the following links and threads:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/fc/e6173d3215cc40e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/19/da95aa6f014a44ade9902d013b8708/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/d300084a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Vinod.

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the sender file cc ,on processing tab ,check if the check box archive faulty source files is ticked...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeramulu,

Here the status of the message is success, File adapter is picking up the file and its not coming to output directory.

In this case u can check the Queues like SMQ1, SMQ2 transaction XI & R/3 End.

Check the Message montoring what is message status.

Regards,

nSkumar