cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Memory Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are experiancing the issues in which our background process and foreground process are terminated due to Memory errors, like " Storage_parameters_wrong_SET", TSV_NO_MORE_PAGING", NO_MORE_ROLL_MEMORY",

Please find the details of our configuration and help me please.

SWAP DETAILS:

SWAP( J drive) : 19 GB

SWAP1( G drive): 19.5 GB

SWAP2( D drive): 39 GB

These are all seperate drives and using windows Environment.

Virtual memory configued in advance server:

C: 4046-4092

G: 3990-4000

J: 4000-4050

We are using single system architecture in which database server and application server on the same server.

Configured the PHY_MEMSIZE = 3000

We are using 8 GB RAM.

Remaining all the values are default values provided by SAP, 2GB for extended memory etc..

I think that I should set the PHY_MEMSIZE = 5000 will improve the situation and I think I can set this parameter upto 8000 because I am using 8 GB RAM on the server, Please advise what can be done.

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are using the 32 bit environment and database has grown to 450 Gb, now in certain t codes like c026, va05 etc are giving the dump if we select the data of three months, we have adjusted the parameters, however same issue, even background reports are cancelled due to memory issue.

Please let me know the following

what things to be taken care of to increse the memory performance, will deleting something can resolve this issue, at operating system level or at sap level, is there any work aound to deal with this issue, kindly help.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have to delete all the parameters like heap memory, extended memory or go ahead and change this phys_memsize to 5000 and restart the server?

Ravi.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no reason to delete any parameters... just change value of phys_memsize

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can try with 5000 for PHYS_MEM_SIZE. 3000 is very small for a 8 GB host.

Regards,

Olivier