cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the product type of a product category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Does anyone know how to change the product type of product category? The product category did not inherit the product type, as it is at the top level (just underneath the hierarchy). Do we need a program to change this?

Regards,

Joper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

franois_henrotte
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can maintain this in transaction COMM_HIERARCHY

But you cannot change the product type as soon as you created a product in this category (because then it should change the product type of created products and this is not possible)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But is there any other way to change it (e.g., a program or direct change in the database table)? The product category is actually a parent category; its original product type is Material and we need to change this to blank because we do not want the sub-categories beneath it to inherit product type Material. We want to add sub-categories with product type Service under the parent category.

Thanks,

Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

Try transaction COMM_PRAPPLCAT. Maintain dialog structure "Assignment per Product Type for Application 'Product'".

Regards,

Prashant

Do reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Would it be possible for you to elaborate on your reply? I've checked COMM_PRAPPLCAT. I cannot use the dialog structure Assgmt per Product Type for Application 'Product' because this has no effect on the product type of the category that I want to change. COMM_PRAPPLCAT is relevant at hierarchy level. And if I create a separate hierarchy containing a category with product type Service, I still won't be able to use this because I can only assign one hierarchy for the Purchasing and Product application in the Assign Hierarchies to Applications dialog structure.

If you think otherwise, kindly explain your suggestion further.

Many thanks!

Regards,

Joy