cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-XI System Installation and Learning help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!,

I'm working as "ABAPer" from last 5 years. Recently I installed Miniwas 620(ABAP) from a CD I got through by SAP book purchase. I'm able to do a lot ABAP things in my system.

Now I'm planning to Upgrade my knowledge to XI. I studied lot of material in SDN(thanks!! to all the contributors). I have fair knowledge of XI functionality and each component. Now I think I should be sitting in front of system to play around and learn. I thought of using my system. I have following queries on this.

1. Does my system has XI components?. I'm able to get into

XI based Easy access menu, but If i click on any node for example 'start integration builder' I get a message 'address not maintained'. I'm not sure How do I install or configure all the components. Can any one help in this.

2. If I can not install in my system, what is the best way to learn XI.

3. In real time projects, what is the role of a XI-consultant and XI-developer( I'm seeing two kind of certifications in SAP site ). I just wanted to know to analyze where do I fit in.

4. Any good training around, Problem with SAP training is they do not have one course with full XI.

5. Any idea how is SAP's Online-course material?, Is it read only or interactive?. how it looks like?. Is paying $500 for each course is worth or not?

I really appreciates your Inputs on each of queries.

Thanks!!

Prit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>1. Does my system has XI components?. I'm able to get into

XI based Easy access menu, but If i click on any node for example 'start integration builder' I get a message 'address not maintained'. I'm not sure How do I install or configure all the components. Can any one help in this.</i>

Nope, you do not have XI components. XI 3.0 runs on Web AS 6.40 ABAP + Java Stack. One more thing.. There is no sneak preview for XI and no free downloads.

<i>2. If I can not install in my system, what is the best way to learn XI.</i>

Through Training either from SAP or some third party companies.

<i>3. In real time projects, what is the role of a XI-consultant and XI-developer( I'm seeing two kind of certifications in SAP site ). I just wanted to know to analyze where do I fit in.</i>

The role of XI Developer is to get the requirements of Source and Target systems, creating the maps, developing BPM (Business Process Management) where needed, development of custom adapter modules etc.

The Certifications are 1. Basis 2. XI Developer

TBIT 40, 50 and 51 are for Basis and

TBIT 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 are Developers

<i>4. Any good training around, Problem with SAP training is they do not have one course with full XI.</i>

Heard some third party people are giving training, some of our forum members may know about it and if you provide a contact mail id they might get in touch with you.

<i>5. Any idea how is SAP's Online-course material?, Is it read only or interactive?. how it looks like?. Is paying $500 for each course is worth or not?</i>

It is the price you pay to learn, if there are cheaper ways you can always explore.

I tried to answer as much as I can, other forum members might come up with good suggestions.

Good luck.

regards

Shravan

Answers (0)