cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request (type DIA) cannot be processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my R/3 System every day i am getting " Request (type DIA) cannot be processed", eror message from transaction SM21. I am unable to find out the root cause of this error message. Can someone please give me idea what would be the possible cause.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Krushna Biswal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Writing something like the following is dangerous.

The log entry "Request (type DIA) cannot be processed" does not have any severe consequences unless there are a lot.

Often being unable to process the request is down to something being cancelled somewhere else like parallel RFC's. In these cases it is corrcet that no harm is done. However, when the message indicates a queueu overflow then you can be in big trouble. The dispatcher has a queue for dialog work processes that by default is 2000 long. When performance issue or very large numbers of requests his the system the queue can overflow. In these cases valid dialog requests are lost. These can include all types of valid production work. There is no risk of corruption or anything that bad, but valid transactional data is likely to have failed to be processed due to the queue overflow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh/Grahm,

Thanks for you supportive replies.

As per the note, that says, if the the connection initializes two HTTP requests at the same time then error will encounered but as per the Grahm, if there is heavy load is coming to the server then this problem arises. In my landscape, users are connecting to the server through portal as wel.

Please suggest me that this really a problem or it could lead to big problem in future.

Please suggest me, what could be the possibity to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Krushna Biswal

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krushna,

Request cannot be processes is not a problem as such and can be ignored is what i would suggest.

The note i gave you will fix this problem if its happening due to HTTP problem.

However i suggest that since its only a message and not an error as such, just leave it.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not hurt to check how close to the threshold you are getting. I am not next to a system and it varies slightly between release but the anser is in the menu of SM51 under goto - server - information - queue information... something like that , or use DPMON.

What you will see is the maximum number of requests that have queued in the system and it this is close to the limit (default is 2000) then you should upp the queue length to be safe. The parameter is rdisp/element_per_queue. on some system I have ended up setting to 10,000 to cope with sudden rushes of UP2 and the like.... I imagine HTTP would time out if the queues get too big.

Equally your issue does not seem to be related to this, I was more responding to the comment that such an error message is never a problem. - Request cannot be processed can be down to a queue overflow, what if that work was money to the company

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The log entry "Request (type DIA) cannot be processed" does not have any severe consequences unless there are a lot. It simply means that dispatcher was unable to process the request for dialog work process.

Please check if your users are complaining about any sessions lost or system being slow. Also, check if work processes are being restarted.

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean/Jennah,

Thanks for your promt reply.

At the moment, i did not received any call from customer. Yes it frequently coming in SRM system. I am not able able to understand one things here why Dispatcher is not able to process the requests. There is no such load on the system. I am send the logs.

Details Page 2 Line 25 System Log: Local Analysis of nznsfn43 1

-

Time

Type

Nr

Clt

User

TCode

Grp

N

Text

-