cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data load problem due to LUW in sm58 hang with status Transaction Recorded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am stuck with not being able to load any data from any data source to BI7. Every time I start a load from BI, this load end after the timeout expired because idocs didn't arrive from r3 to bi.

I tried a new load and then log into r3 system, then I used tc sm58 to run manually each LUW, after that data was transferred to BI as usual. I being tried for 3 days now to solve this problem, but not luck yet.

The function modules used are IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS

and RSAR_TRFC_DATA_RECEIVED

I already try:

- Restore source system

- activate

- delete edi profiles in both systems TC we20

- check the ports in tc we21, though not sure was has to be done her

- change background user in r3

- check passwords and authorizations

R3 is 6.40 and is in SAPKB64019 for ABAP and Basis. BI 7 is in patch level 017

any idea how to solve this?

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the tRFC queues and then try again...

'In BW and all connected source systems, check all outbound queues (SM58) from time to time to see whether they contain old unsent data packages or info-IDOCS. The reason for these leftover entries could be that they have already been processed again, or they contain old requests that cannot be sent following the system copy of RFC connection change.

You should then delete these tRFC requests from the queue, not only to reduce the data volume in your system but primarily to prevent from accidentally sending these old entries again to BW data targets.

In the RFC destination SM59 rfrom source system to BW, the connection should be set up to prevent terminated transfer from being restarted automatically and, most importantly, to prevent periodic automatic activation of incorrectly sent data.

The information in the above paragraphs have been pulled out from a doc that I have.

Check if the information helps you fix the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So far we just delete some entries in the output queue SM58, not all of them. As I understand from your comment, is that I must delete all entries in SM58, so the new request can get processed, is it what you mean?

If there are old unsent entries (no matter which user request them), that means that new ones won't be processed until either the ones befere them either be deleted or executed, I mean, the queue works in a FIFO way, so there is always the chance that new LUW be blocked by old ones?

Which standard report I can use to delete all entries in SM58, and if it is safe to do that?

I've tried to use report RSARFCEX to execute pending LUW, but without success. It does nothing.

Tried report RSARFCSE to for background execution and no success neither

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe a basis guy can help

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had similar issue in transaction SM58 showing IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS "Transaction Recorded" status.

The root cause is that the QRFC destination is registered but not activated via transaction SMQS. After we register and activate the destination via Edit->Registration again, the problem was resolved. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Man,

I know it's late in the day but we are facing the same issue in our system.Can you share how your problem was solved.

Thanks a Bunch

Umang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap solved the problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

What was the solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What was the solution? We are having the same problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please activate the scheduler in SMQS and check if background user has correct authorizations.

-Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Between R3 and Bi theres a configuration that maps both systems in R3 side ...here you can find a parameter for automatic idoc transfer

You can check it in WE20 and search your BI logical system and check if its automatic or manual

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Oscar, but we already check that,

inbound messages RSINFO and RSSEND are configured as "Trigger immediatly"

and

output message RSRQST is configured as "Transfer IDoc Immed."

which I suposse is the default, so the profile was created automatically when we Restore the source system

anybody else please?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sap People solve the problem

thank you all for your time; I rewarded some points

Edited by: Garduño Azael on Jun 18, 2008 11:52 PM

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When the load is not getiing processed due to huge volume of data, or more number of records per data packet, Please try the below option.

Try to reduce the IDOC size to 8000 and number of data packets per IDOC as 10. This can be done in info package settings and then load.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

JituK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

I don't think is a problem of data volume, I just cant load any thing, I've tried with 0GL_ACCOUNT_ATTR, which has only little more that 3000 records

Any other idea?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you should check that with a basis person, you might need some more batch and/or dialog processes on your system. Additionally you might need to change some settings of the rfc.

Siggi