Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have got one question in the exam as follows:

"The pricing date at the header level has priority over the pricing date(s) at the item level(s)."

This is True or False

The answer is given as False.

Please explain it why and how I can configure to take the Pricing Date from the Item level so that it gives the priority over the Pricing date at header level.

I know the pricing date can be configured at Order type but in that case it will take as Header. Moreover, when I have gone to my Sales Order in the Item details the Pricing date is Grayed and I am not able to change it.

Please explain.

Thanks,

Jans

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you go to the item details Sales B, You will see two fields Document date, Document item date. Normally we do not fill this. And the default date is the current date or the date on which the order is filled.This can be changed manually. The document date is the date which is used for sales management purposes and is more for statistical purposes.

If and when you want a list of all sales orders by date this date is used for listing purposes. This date can be the date on which the order is reeceived at the H.O or the date on which the sales rep creates it or writes it out.

Now the item date is for pricing purposes so it canbe changed manually too. Default is the current date/creation date.

In IS-SW, the date is used to evaluate eligibility for price protection. The price protection period (defined by sales org.) is added to this date to calculate the date until a sales order item is price protected. If the customer requests delivery prior to this calculated date, then the customer is price protected (eligible for the lower price determined at order and billing). You can define the date to meet the needs of your organization

So the item date has priority for sure.Hope this helps.

regards

Jude

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jans

As rightly pointed out by Brian, by default the header pricing date will be copied into item level also but if you change the pricing date for any particular line item in sale order, then that change will have impact ONLY for that line item and will not be copied for other line items nor header.

For example, you are creating a sale order on 11-06-08 for about 10 line items and when you create, by default both your header pricing date and item level pricing date will be 11-06-08. At a later stage, due to some reasons, you change the price of a particular material. This needs to be updated in the sale order. What you will do is just select that line item and under the tab SALES A, and change the pricing date, so that system will consider the revised pricing date only for that line item and picks the revised price into billing.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By Defalt Pricing date at Header & Item level is same but if user he can change the price date at Item Level vice-versa. And so the higest priorty will be at Item level and not at Header level.

Cheers !!!

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree that the answer is false but I do not agree that the date is always the same. The field PRSDT is stored in the VBKD table which means that individual line items can have differing data from the header.

The system, when you first save an order, creates a record in VBKD with POSNR = 000000. If you then change the pricing date at header level, it changes the record where POSNR = 000000.

However, if you change a pricing date at line level, the system creates a new record FOR THAT ITEM ONLY and uses that in preference to the header (POSNR = 000000) record.

The search priority used by the system is to look for a record for a specific line item (and use that data if it finds one) and then, if it does not find one, to use the data in the record POSNR = 000000.

Take an example where an order is saved with a price date of 12-Jun-2008. Initially there will be a single record in VBKD with POSNR = 000000 and PRSDT = 20080612.

If you then change the pricing date on line 2 to 31-May-2008, then VBKD will hold two records for the order :

POSNR = 000000 and PRSDT = 20080612

POSNR = 000002 and PRSDT = 20080531

The entry for line 2 will ALWAYS take priority over the header so if you change the header date to 30-Jun-2008, line 2 will still be priced based on 31-May-2008 and VBKD will contain two records :

POSNR = 000000 and PRSDT = 20080630

POSNR = 000002 and PRSDT = 20080531

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the answer is False only, because both the dates are the same. If you make any changes in the Order type prop.f.pricing.date it will be applicable to bothe sales order overview screen as well as item level.

The pricing date is used to determine the price related pricing elements like conditions and exchange rates. As you know the exchange rates will be changing on a day to day basis. If you change the pricing date in a document, it will recalculate the entire pricing.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanth :

I agree with you on this one.The answer is False. Both dates are same. If you check date at header level on condition record it is same as pricing date at item level.

Reward is welcome.

vishal