cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task list Change documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Is there any config settings to be activated for capturing the change documents for task list (for transaction IA21) similar to what we have for capturing change documents in Maintenance plans, Items and calls?

Kindly respond urgently...

Many thanks!!

Boby.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boby:

This answer is for ERP 2004+..

You can go to transaction SCDO to display the different change document objects... each object you see capture changes to different database tables. You can see this by choosing an object and displaying (Change doc object->Display).

In SE11 you can look at a table, and double click on the data element that you are interested in. If you look at the 'Further characteristics' you can see if this field generates change documents...

So, you really just need to figure out what tables you're touching from IA21 and whether or not the fields you're touching are relevant for change document creation.

Hope this helps you get started.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the valuable information. IA21 is a standard transaction in PM which captures change documents of PM task lists. If SAP has a std transaction for displaying the change documents, then I guess these changed data should be captured by the transaction itself unless it is being deactivated through configuration settings. In my system, IA21 does not capture any information for the reason that some configurational settings are missing. I would like to get an answer in these lines, ofcourse your way would also work, but I just wanted to know if there is a standard way of doing it.

Thanks & Regards

Boby

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also use AUT10 transaction to display the changes . Generally change history is imaintained by SAP for task list if it not maintained you can also activate change logs for particular field. Please task help from basis and ABAP guys.

Sanjay