Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for messages that fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In a scenario, for e.g. proxy -> XI -> WS

For e.g. if the Webservice service is down, we would have a message failure in XI.

What is the best practice in business scenario to handle such situations?

Appreciate any comments,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a Alert category and Rule, catch the exception and raise a alert to the support person stating the error details along with messageId. Depending on the situtaion he might resend the message from XI manually or ask the source system to trigger the scenario right from starting.

Reward points if this answers your question.

Thanks

amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Triggering an alert to notify the right people would be a good option.

To do this, you should configure an Alert .

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to my knowledge, if it is a Proxy <-> XI <-> WS (Synchronous scenario), we would be unable to restart any messages?

Correct me if i am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot restart, but you can resend it manually best options will be use BPM and catch exception using alerts.

Please reward points if it helps

Thanks

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your initial question you didn't mentioned about Synchronous Scenario

You are right, if it is Synchronous Service message won't be persistent by default, although you can explicitly set the option to save sync messages also but it's not best practice.

As it is synchronous process the requestor will get response back and in any case(success or failure) , in case of any failure you can send the alert to the support person by configuring Alert in XI and the message need to be resend from the requestor system once the service is up.

Support person will fix the issue and will inform the requestor to send the message again.

*Reward points if answers your question.*

Thanks

Amit