cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Rule doesn't work for certain items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

In TPVS, I set up split rule with split qty 1 and no item split. The rest of setting is like default value. However, in VS01, some item qty is more than 1. I check the detail. There is exception, but don't know what it is. Is there any way to know the exception detail?

I know the freight unit can not be automatically executed when fixed line exists or the freight unit is created manually. I check the freight unit type (icon), it's @39@. It should not be manually created unit. There is way to figure out whether it's fixed line. Is there any one can give me some idea about that?

When we enter VS01, the system will build freight unit based on split rule. However, if we do not exit vs01 and re-run VSR optimization many times, the freight unit will be come bigger and bigger but still within vehicle capacity if we choose merge planned item option in split rule. The result might not be right. For example, system merge 2 items together for vehicle A and next item might merge these 2 items with another 1 item for vehicle B. If capacity of vehicle A is 2, system won't never choose vehicle A if the FU is 3 after the previous optimization run. Is that true? Does that mean we need to exit vs01 everytime for each optimization run?

Thanks for your advice,

Jessie.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jessie,

Regarding the first issue, I hope you have properly maintained the unit of measure in splirt profile. I would recommend that you try performing manual split using the same split rule. This might tell you the exact reason.

I can not comment about 2nd issue.

Regarding the 3rd issue, the problem you say seems to be right. I have also experienced the same. My only query is that when you run the optimizer, the system will plan the shipments & will assign the freight units to the truck. Now if you have selected 'Fix Temporary Shipments' in optimizer profile, it will not modify the existing planned shipments in new optimizer run & hence will not merge new item with existing merged item.

I hope my understanding of the issues is correct. You can reply back in case you have more queries.

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your reply!!!

Regards,

Jessie.

Answers (0)